"they need the truth"

by rockmehardplace 7 Replies latest jw friends

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

i always hated that saying. as a jw, didnt we believe everyone needed it. but you would always have brother or sister so and so talking about how miserable someone was, or the problems they had and it always ended with " they need the truth". most times, what the person needed was a kick in the head or some common sense.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Good Point. I totally agree! (I hope I never said it back in the day)

Here's another: overheard 2 brothers talking the other day...."so and so are really nice people, they should be witnesses" (WTF?!)

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

The last thing anyone needs is the JW version of the Truth, if anything JW's need to know the Truth about their precious WTBTS.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No one needs the Truth,more than a Jehovah`s Witness..

No one ignores the Truth,more than a Jehovah`s Witness..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

outlaw - you are so right with that. my jw brother in law is a self righteous jerk. he is an elder in a neighboring congregation from my wife and i (or now just my wife). a few months ago he was telling me about a guy in his congregation that they went on a shepherding call to. they were trying to bully encourage back to the meetings. he said the guy brought up all this information about failed prophecy and 607. he even gave him info directly from old WT magazines to support some of his claims. by brother in law said that it was just satan pulling another away with lies and falsehoods and that this guy didnt deserve the truth with his attitude and apostacy.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

he even gave him info directly from old WT magazines to support some of his claims. by brother in law said that it was just satan pulling another away with lies and falsehoods and that this guy didnt deserve the truth with his attitude and apostacy. ....Rockmehardplace

Satan uses Old WBT$ Literature,to make the WBT$ look bad ? ..

LOL!!

Your brother in law, is a Moron..LOL!!..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• cult classic
    cult classic

lol you guys!

yep heard and said those my whole life.......if they were already nice then why would they need the truth? to make them more nice?......lol.

here's another......when someone was acting less than a stellar witness the righteous ones in the congo would say "they just don't know jehovah"

Cult Classic

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Well, they could use some nicer people I guess. LOL

I think one of the most shocking things I learned when I was a young adult Witness is that not all of them were "nice".

After you have an elder call you a "conniving little bitch", you tend to get over that idea.

I found out this guy was hiring young Witnesses to work for him ( I did too, at the time) and wouldn't pay them for training sessions. A big no on, according to labor laws. When I pointed it out to him, very respectfully, in private, that's what I got.

I should have cornered him in front of everyone, I'd have had more protection. Very threatening. He claimed I only wanted more money from him and I was blackmailing him.

When I reported this incident to the Circuit Overseer, he just sighed and said, "We have to let Brother so and so grow spiritually, why don't you pray for him?"

What that really means is "you're a nobody that doesn't know her place, so shut up and don't rock the boat, silly girl".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit