Is it OK to fill out the census?

by kzjw 6 Replies latest jw friends

• kzjw
    kzjw

Or is it forbidden too? & what's the WTBS reasoning?

• asilentone
    asilentone

no, it is not forbidden. I was a JW since birth, I never heard of census being bad.

• yknot
    yknot

I checked the CD.......

The practically endorse it in the March 22, 1980 (pg 25) Awake......

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

You haven't filled out your census yet??!! Get on it!

• yknot
    yknot

I agree with BB....!!!

I filled mine out the day I got it and had it dropped of before the evening mail was retrieved!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One camp calls it "paying back Caeser's things to Caeser", much like paying one's taxes. As far as I know, that is the official viewpoint.

However, the other possible camp puts it in the same league as buying the party card in Malawi. A few hard core witlesses buy into that viewpoint--their consciences view it as serving the political system. And, like the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger took that approach in Malawi about buying the party card, there is the danger that they might in the future attempt it in the future.

• Bystander39
    Bystander39

I filled it out, but had an issue. The directions say to fill and mail back immediately. The media were all saying to fill out and return ASAP. On the other hand, it asks who is living at that location on April 1. Since I got my form weeks before the 1st, how do I answer? What if I'm in an accident and die on the 30th? I'm not a fortune teller!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit