Were you Stalked or Chased After Once you Exited the JW's by Elders ?

by flipper 175 Replies latest jw friends

• Scott77
    Scott77

It strikes me much as a kind of an irony how comes then the Watchtower get sso much obsession with stalking ex-JW's as if they their own children. Other than the mormons and JWs, I have never heard of other religion that do stalking of members to the level elevating it to obsession. I think, people have a right to cjoing and leave any religion of their choice. Alas! to JWs, its a different story. What a sad picture this 'giant social club' is!

Scott77

• flipper
    flipper

SCOTT 77- Interesting point you make. In the Jehovah's Witness cult- they provide NO acceptable way to leave the organization and still be looked on as approved by the WT society. A person is looked at as evil, no matter HOW they leave - being DFed, fading, dissassociation - ALL of those methods are looked at as a person being overreached by Satan. Then if a person DOES leave - the elders go chase him or her down to drag them back to the torture at the kingdom hall. Total control ! How macabre is that ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• molly1
    molly1

i knew the day i walked out of the kh in august 1985 that i would never return. i had been struggling the last 3 years of being a jw with what i was finding out about them and for that matter the bible. i was married to an unbliever who had the patients and kindness of a saint. he tolerated my being a jw for 10 years....he should of left me but i am glad he didn't. he use to say to me one day the light is going to go on and you are going to see it's not you but the lies and deception you are trying to justify. i constantly thought satan was trying to derail my faith. i would go to the elders for help but they did not give me satisfactory answers to my questions. i got advice like don't think so much, jehovah will reveal it in time, just attend the meetings, the truth is simple all little pat answers. they don't want thinkers they are a threat. a month after i decided to leave they showed up. i was warned by a jw friend to say nothing to them but i am a honest truthful person and let them know my concerns. i was very respectful but i held nothing back my husband was in the room with me. by the end of the visit it went from lets help her to we have to shut her up. about 6 weeks after their visit i get a phone call that they wanted me to appear to before a jd committee to face my accusers. i was caught off guard and shocked that they had gone on a witch hunt to see if i had talked to anyone so they could use it against me. although i was ready to give up the religion i still had realitives and friends that were jw's and did not want to be df. i started crying and told them they should be ashamed of themselves and hung up. i then got mad. i waited for their next phohe call and was ready. i said i would love to meet with them and their accusers and i would be bringing my lawyer with me as i feel i have been slandered, harrassed and suffered emotional distress. this shocked the elder and said there would be no meeting if i brought a lawyer. so i said so you demigods think you have the right to call how this goes down and i should show up with no one on my side. he said we will get back to you. the next phone call 2 weeks later had another elder on another line (you know the 2 witness thing) i told them my husband was on our other line also. he proceeded to ask why i just did't disasociate myself as i wasn't going to meetings i replied well john your daughter doesn't go to meetings either maybe she should disasociate her self too. boy did i strike a nerve. he said do you consider yourself a good person ? i said your damn right i do. he says well why did you try to hurt me by attacking my daughter. it was ok to attack me for this but not his daughter. he then wanted to read me a scripture which i had been telling them they had no more power over me nor did the bible. they insisted i listen to the scripture that i was a pig in the mire and a dog returning to its vomit etc. such loving sheperding really made me want to come back. i brought up incidences that i had seen elders handle etc. that made them uncomfortable. when they seen they could not intimidate me they ended the conversation and said they would get back to me with their decison. 2 weeks later we get a phone call and my husband answered. the elder said "can we speak to your good wife" really that's what he said. i must of scared the bejesus out of them because he said we have decided you have done no wrong and if you ever want to get back on track call us. i have never heard from them again. lesson stand up to the bullies and take no shit. the emporer has no clothes.

• blondie
    blondie

molly, thanks for sharing your story; I'm so glad your husband supported you and that you stood up to the bullies.

Blondie

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

I have a family member who insists on contacting me, even though I have asked to be left alone repeatedly. I'm not sure if any elders are behind it, but the constant goading to try to get me to say something that can be used against me is obvious. When nothing could be gleaned, lies were made up and rumors spread in an attempt to get me ousted, but there is no evidence as there is no substance.

When I was only 19 and still a "good" JW, I was dragged into a judicial committee and I didn't even know what one was. I had no idea that there was an effort to disfellowship me. I was grilled for hours by nasty old men insisting I was lying and the holy spirit let them know it (actually, in all fairness, that last part was only one of the old bastards). Some deviant had told the elders I was having an affair with a 40-year-old married sister. The accusation was baseless and ridiculous, but they insisted I had to tell them the "truth" for them to help me. I actually started to get irritated and started yelling back at them that they didn't know what they were talking about. I still have no idea who initiated this vicious lie or why.

I'm sick of the petty, backstabbing, cowardly snipers. This is what happens when you don't let people smoke, do drugs, have extramarital sex, drink enough, watch entertaining movies, listen to entertaining music, celebrate ANYTHING, or even do oral with their spouses: They find some other way to entertain themselves. Unfortunately, these frustrated, repressed, uptight, phony-love, man-pleaser idolaters resort to blood lust, as they honestly feel they are tampering with someone's everlasting life. They will gladly bear false witness to get their "brothers" and "sisters" thrown into Gehenna for fun. These are your "friends" in the "spiritual paradise".

• flipper
    flipper

MOLLY 1- I'm so glad your husband stood by you all this time. And good for you in standing up to the bastard elders who tried to ramrod you into a judicial meeting. Sorry you were treated so unjustly. I agree that people need to stand up against these guys- I did the same in threatening a lawsuit against them and they ended up leaving me alone not bothering me anymore. Good job. I admire you greatly for your courage.

BLONDIE- I agree- Molly 1 rocks ! So does her husband for standing up for her.

WONTLEAVE - Like yourself - I too have been unjustly smeared for years by witnesses who used to call themselves my friends. They never really were " friends " - just aquaintances I knew in prison in a mind control cult. It is amazing isn't it that even years after we stop attending meetings - witnesses will still spread malicious rumors about us ? In my opinion they are very small people who need to get a life. They are very unhappy with themselves so they don't sleep at night until they cause misery to ex-JW's lives. I'm sorry you were treated unjustly my friend. Happened to me too. I hope you have been able to find happiness in your life since then. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Scott77
    Scott77

Iam surprised, Molly's non-JW husband seems to be so supportive, being a good husband in every respect more than the elders, those bastards, the bullies. What a far cry from the way I was indocrinated to believe that all non-JW men or husbands are the worst compared to JW's. What a shame!!!! In the end, Molly is declared to be just, innocent yet they failed to appologize to her for all the bullying behaviors they exhibed toward her. To me, this is arrogancy of the highest order. I think a time of reconing is comming when many of the likes of Molly come forward to stand up to those bastards and say enough is enough.

Scott77

• flipper
    flipper

SCOTT 77- When I went through my experience similar to Molly's - the elders had overturned my DFing and I won my appeal committee meeting - I was offered NO apology at all for being dragged through the mire for 10 months of JC meetings and harassing phone calls- even though I was declared free to go & innocent of charges. Elders must be trained by the GB NOT to apologize under ANY circumstances. To them- being allowed to walk free and not getting DFed is apology enough. It's ridiculous.

I agree with you - Molly's husband showed amazing stones and courage to stand by her in her dark times. It's a huge false illusion that non-witness men are bad, evil . The WT society keeps promoting those views to put fear in witnesses from EVER leaving the cult ! Fear tactics indeed

• Scott77
    Scott77
    "...Elders must be trained by the GB NOT to apologize under ANY circumstances..."
    flipper

Mr flipper, this raises very troubling question. The Watchtower, in discretly instructing Elders not to apologize to offended victims, is it trying to foreavoid any possible legal remification? My understanding is that an apology is an admittance of wrong doing,a very powerful form of evidence that can be used in the court by stalked victims to seek punitive demage. In my letter of warining to the Watchtower about court-unapproved, illegal survilance that spiritually pychopathic elders were doing on my life even as they were afraid of being caught, the Watchtower stated in the response that they were 'unaware' of that. I think, its possible that copies of victim's files are kept in the Watchtower. Therefore, they might have known for sure but prefered not to disclose that. I do not know if I can order them to produce a copy of my file as kept in the Watchtower.

Scott77

• flipper
    flipper

SCOTT 77- You make a very valid and interesting point about the WT society not apologizing on purpose to avoid legal entanglements. I think you are dead on correct. What you went through was awful in that the WT representatives you spoke with played " dumb " so they wouldn't appear liable in your case. I've heard of this happening to SO many people they treat this way.

Listen - JW FACTS a poster in Australia experienced a hassle in getting Bethel to release his personal information to him which they were trying to keep from him. I think his thread on this would be of great help to you to see how he handled it . Here it is :

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/192176/1/How-I-obtained-my-personal-files-from-Bethel

I believe if you access this thread of JW FACTS - it will help you greatly. Take care & hang in there buddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit