Did the WTS ever teach a dirty look from a fellow Christian could be discipline from Jehovah?

by besty 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• besty
    besty

Answer - why yes of course they did!

Discipline may come from someone else. It may come as a look, a frown, a word, a gesture, a verbal reproof. Jesus gave Peter a look that reminded him of the prediction of his grave sin, and he went out and wept bitterly. WT 10-1-87, p. 18

We apostates don't need sixscreems style drama - the sh*t they wrote on their own is good enough :-)

• man in black
    man in black

i remember this statement being talked about in the car group, man, what a screwed up group of people

• garyneal
    garyneal

Pastor Richards Salvation Fund

Pastor Richards: Do yourself a favor and pick up your telephone, call now. 1-866-9-SAVEME what better place to witness 40,000 years of nuclear winter, then from the comfort of your very own readynuclear bunker? When we raise 25 million we will build a 50 story tall likeness of me. If we raise 300 million the statue will rotate so I can look over this great city and cast an evil eye on degenerates. and when the eminent nuclear strikeoccurs, those who put faith into action with sufficient generous contributions will join me inside the Pastor Richards salvation statue as we blast into space! Contribute to the Pastor Richards Salvation Statue Fund. Pick up your telephone. Call now, 1-866-9SAVEME.

• Scottiebear7
    Scottiebear7

Perhaps this is why my "wife" would always give me dirty looks every time I cracked open a beer ........

Honestly though, she was the queen of dirty looks. Of course when I would ask what was wrong, she would say "nothing". Perhaps just a womanly thing, but I think further enhanced by the WTBT$.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

LOL - that is a great find, Besty!

It brings up that age-old question - Who writes this crap?

I added my personal feelings - this is how this should really read!!

Discipline may come from someone else. It may come as a dirty look, an evil frown, a swear word, a gesture such as the middle finger, a verbal reproof, such as someone telling you to go f--- yourself. Jesus gave Peter a look that reminded him of the prediction of his grave sin, and he went out and wept bitterly. Then he probably gave Jesus the finger behind his back. Then, Jesus would know Peter gave him the finger, and then would rebuke him again later! WT 10-1-87, p. 18

• blondie
    blondie

Of course, the WTS teaches that Jesus was perfect and could read minds and hearts; but no imperfect human can do that.

• peaches
    peaches

oh gag......doesn't get much sicker

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Then this explains why the self-righteous idiots felt they could get away with rolling their eyeballs and gossiping to their hearts content about people, trashing their reputation in car groups.

Writing this stuff just feeds into the superior, controlling attitude that many there have. Do these deluded people think that their 'look' is supposed to zap somebody?

• besty
    besty

lol at leper messiah - I forgot i posted this :-) and then sweet pea gave me a dirty look and I remembered ;-))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit