Supernatural, Season Five

by tec 6 Replies latest social entertainment

• tec
    tec

Okay, so I confess to loving the tv series, Supernatural. I'm not all big into the whole angel/demon/armageddon theme (and yes, I recognize the irony that the past two seasons has mainly been about this theme). I love the show because I love to watch the humor and the dynamics in the relationship between the brothers. (totally trying to justify what amounts to a secret love of this show)

Anyway...

I totally loved the last episode. It was all about the development of cults.

Quick summary (don't read if you watch the show/spoilers) :

Armageddon is coming. A preacher's daughter starts to prophecy; gets the townsfolk to trust her - all innocent and love-like. She then turns up the heat and starts to promise paradise and the return of their dead loved ones, IF they can follow the rules on good/moral behavior that she proceeds to give them. Most of the townsfolk conform... but they're never quite good enough.

She then starts to name people that they must get rid of in order to keep the townsfolk pure, or they would not enter the promised paradise. (an earthly paradise, by the way - I wonder if this episode wasn't directed exactly at the JW's)

Sam and Dean of course have to save the day from these quacky fundies. Eventually, the girl is revealed as the personified 'whore of babylon', whose task is to get ordinarily good people to spill innocent blood in God's name.

I will repeat that I loved this episode... obviously enough to post about it. Probably because it had the ring of truth to it. (Not the personified 'whore of babylon' part, but the symbolic nature of the whore of babylon getting people to spill innocent blood in God's name and thinking it is good)

Thanks for reading, and please forgive my silly post about Supernatural.

Tammy

• blondie
    blondie

I saw that too and it was something I feared even when a jw. You might like this story if you haven't read it before.

http://www.1timothy4-13.com/files/bible/diary.html

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

I watched that episode too. I thought the same thing about the JW angle.

I watch the show every morning on TNT. TNT shows two episodes back to back every week day. Watching the shows on TNT is what got me to watching the show prime time. I didn't know what I was missing!

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Oh! And they have some great songs in Supernatural. I heard this one today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bQZ6l_cq5Y

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

This one shows scenes from Supernatural.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5duAVpnboI

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Blondie, The Diary of an Armageddon Survivor was an interesting read.

• tec
    tec

I liked the story Blondie, thanks! I loved that it portrayed people burying dead bodies and children. How could you call yourself worthy of Paradise, and then not be driven insane by the bodies of innocent children in the streets? Of anyone, actually.

MsDucky - My husband started watching with me (secretly - can't let his friends know) because of the music.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit