Do you take care of your hands with manicures etc....?

by restrangled 9 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

I use to have Gorgeous petite hands and nails. AT this point , I need your secrets.

My hands have become a little wrinkled, veiny and spotted with age. Is there anything you do to keep your hands looking nice?

I Need to start over with this. It's one of the little things to do to feel pretty. After being a secretary for so many years, pretty, long nails were not an option if you wanted to keep producing at 70wpm.

So, can you tell me your secrets? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Sometimes just the little things let you feel girly.

r.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Restrangled- Yes, my nails are nice (toes too). I do my own manicure but once in a while I will have it done. I am always slathering my hands with lotions and creams. While they aren't as perfect as they were years ago they look pretty good. So, the key is creaming them, especially before bed.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Crushing my hand in the Ranch Gate,took care of one Pretty Hand for me..

The other one is just as pretty..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• restrangled
    restrangled

Yes, Outlaw, getting hands pinched, crushed and flatened does wonders! I noticed my BIL had beautiful shiny nails. I didn't have time to ask him if he had them done, but damn, they looked nice!

He is a guitar player singing and performs on stage.

r.

• shamus100
  • yknot
    yknot

Moisturize daily (deep if they are dry, SPF during the day)

Slough weekly to maintain (sally hansen/ avon products or natural homemade things like mixing crisco with natural sugar and rubbing hands for 3 minutes)

Micro-dermabrasion (at home product version- I use BeautiControl currently- which means it was on sale 1/2 off) to ease spots.

Use cuticle cream, and non-acetone nail polish remover to remove excess oils from the nails.

Choose nail poilsh that brightens your skin color or opt for a french manicure technique.

On the BeautiControl micro.....it is for the face but I use it on my hands and decollate as well as my face.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Thanks every one, and I feel like have to kiss my favorite monkey>

Hey there Shamus, you sweet heart naughty monkey YOU!~

• peaches
    peaches

do the above suggestions,,,,then wear hand gloves at night....it does help....you can find them in the health and beauty section

• restrangled
    restrangled

Thanks peaches....... I wish all of you would go over to my thread " Help with"

I am not feeling myself tonight.

r.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Try one of those buffing blocks for your nails they are great for shiny nails . I found it at Wal-Mart on side is mildly abrasive and another buffs and another side shines !

My hands have become wrinkly and spotted too ...sucks ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit