What's a really good movie you'd recommend that most people probably haven't seen?

by A.Fenderson 140 Replies latest social entertainment

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Love The Kite Runner

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

TV movie, HOMELESS TO HARVARD..shows what you can do regarding education if you really put your mind to it..I think anyone going to college or wanting to should see it.

Someone mentioned MATCHSTICK MEN..kept me on the edge of my seat!

And a cute movie I saw when my now 19 year old Grandauger was 5..MATILDA..it was a great get even with the evil principal movie..

FARGO...

THE SUPER with Joe Pesci (funny movie)

Anything with Danny Devito in it..

(Anything based on Agatha Christie's books..re MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS and BERTRAM'S HOTEL. etc)

Snoozy

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

"It Could Happen to You" with Judy Holiday and Jack Lemmon.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that movie.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

dssynergy, you mean It Should Happen to You? It Could .. is another movie.

For those who like martial arts flicks, Ip Man is now out in the US, starring Donnie Yen. He's the spear guy in Hero with Jet Li. BTW Ip Man was Bruce Lee's Wing Chun teacher for those who don't know.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Recently saw "Get Low", Robert Duval, Bill Murray. No special effects, no violence, just an engrossing character study circa 1930's. Humor, and pathos. Great movie.

Also, "Winter Bone", set in the early sixties but an entirely different story. About hardships and family love. The young actress who stars was wonderful and made the movie. Loved it.

These are 'small' movies. You will not see them at the multi-plex. Wait for the DVD unless you live in a larger metro area that has a good art theatre.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

The Talented Mr. Ripley

• xchange
    xchange

Didn't read through all the posts but my all time favourite is "Baxter". A french flic about a dog's life. And of course my 2nd all time favourite "A Clockwork Orange" - 'I'm singing in the rain...."

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Camille Claudell

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094828/

It's the story of Camille, who was an artist and the lover of Rodin, the French sculptor who is famous for "The Thinker", "The Gates of Hell", "The Kiss" and much much more.

Coffee

• Satanus
    Satanus

The Road kind of stuck w me. It's observing a father's love for his son in a post apochalyptic setting.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit