What's a really good movie you'd recommend that most people probably haven't seen?

by A.Fenderson 140 Replies latest social entertainment

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I also saw Precious. I worked as a Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse. I saw girls that reminded me of Precious. It was a disturbing film and difficult to watch.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Wow, can't believe no one has mentioned The Boondock Saints and The Boondock Saints (All Saints Day). Very edgey films with thier own unique style. Two brothers believe God calls them to become vigilanties and wipe out the mob.

The Nineth Gate: Great Johnny Depp movie about the Devil.

Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow: Cool modern movie made like a 1930's sci-fi film. Almost the entire film except for the actors is digital.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I like Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow also. Jude Law is gorgeous.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

The Last Supper- A black comedy from 1995 about a group of liberal grad students who try to make the world a better place by ridding it of convservative activists. One of Cameron Diaz's earlier films.

From a few years ago- Thank You for Smoking, with Aaron Eckhart as a tobacco lobbyist.

• callitquits76
    callitquits76

Der Untergang is a great movie.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Loved the Diving Bell and the Butterfly; Waking Ned Divine; Manon des Sources, Jean de Florette; so many of those already mentioned; can't think of them all...I agree Best in Show was one hilarious movie!

For a mind altering experience: http://www.whatthebleep.com/

I also loved The Snow Walker, Rabbit Proof Fence, Evelyn, Magdalene Sisters, Kolya (won the Oscar the year it was out - funny!)

There's more; I'll have to make a list...keep 'em coming! Great thread.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Das Boot.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Some have probably saw this film but this is one of my favorites. It makes me cry to this day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ10oIs8LLc&feature=related

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

forgot about Das Boot I'm a big fan of Jurgen Prochnow

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I agree that Der Untergang is a great movie. I own it and have watched it several times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit