What's a really good movie you'd recommend that most people probably haven't seen?

by A.Fenderson 140 Replies latest social entertainment

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

The spanish prisoner as mentioned already the three days of the condor and of course theres always bambi meets godzilla

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

This may sound stupid to mention such a highly acclaimed film, but I would say Citizen Kane.

Most of my friends dismiss it because its "old" and give it no consideration.....but it is beyond brilliant IMO............

Its a must-see!!!

• LatinxJW
    LatinxJW

El hijo de la novia ( The son of the bride ) great great touching and funny film.

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Once

Garden State

Moulin Rouge

• Terry
    Terry

I absolutely am CRAZY ABOUT the film: SYNECHDOCHE written by Charlie Kauffman. (Being John Malkovich, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind )

YouTube - SYNECDOCHE, NEW YORK : Official Trailer -- HD
    2 min 46 sec - Sep 18, 2008 -

Rated 4.8 out of 5.0

Theater director Caden Cotard is mounting a new play. His life catering to suburban blue-hairs at the local regional theater in Schenectady, ...
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIizh6nYnTU
  • Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Darth you have a PM? Are you from Brazil?

• tec
    tec

Also - 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-along-Blog' was hilarious!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

These movies have already been mentioned but I'd like to say that I've seen them and I highly recommend all of them:

Motorcycle Diaries

Pieces of April

The Wrestler

Travellers and Magicians

Pan's Labyrinth

About Schmidt

Everything is Illuminated

The Importance of Being Earnest

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

The Lives of Others

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Memoirs of a Geisha

Dr Strangelove

Failsafe

American History X

Citizen Kane

Once

Garden State

I love movies. Glad to find some other movie buffs.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

The Devil in Mrs.Jones..

• tinker
    tinker

I have seem many of the films suggested, all excellent. The few I have not seen, note made to check out. No one mentioned 'Waking Ned Divine' one of my all time favs. Just a sweet and very funny film. I still laugh whenever I think of the 'expensive friuty soaps'

And I am thrilled to know there are others out there that like foreign sub titled films. Whenever I suggest one around here I get groans and rolling eyes. Where are you people when I need a movie date?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit