Another question!

by Strider Arekksu 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Strider Arekksu
    Strider Arekksu

I'm sorry for asking so many, but I guess it's hard for me to not ponder about things like these. OK the people at the top of the WTS are crooks in it for the money right? They use an organization that preaches about a God that has justice for those who are weak at heart. I am not in a position to judge these guys at the top, but I would assume what they are doing to millions of innocent people is wrong. Do they have any concept of a God, or even the one they have their puppet organization represent? If so, wouldn't they know what they are doing is wrong and deserving of divine judgement/punishment, which means they are technically commiting suicide in a way. Are they crazy, do they have a mental problem? (interestingly making poor moral dicsions and having a lack of a conscience are considered mental problems by some phychologists)

• Heaven
    Heaven

I would assume what they are doing to millions of innocent people is wrong.

Hi Strider and welcome to JWN. Not sure I welcomed you yet so thought I'd do so now.

I agree with you that the GB of the WTS is wrong and hurting millions of people.

They may not be totally aware of this and even if they are, they would not accept it for one basic reason....

They Have The Truth (because God is directing them).

Therefore, they cannot be 'wrong'. This is called 'circular logic' and you will never convince them otherwise whilst they use this line of reasoning.

I think Lady Lee would be one of the best on here to say whether they fall into a 'crazy' or 'mentally ill' category. It sure looks that way though.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello Strider,

I'm sorry for asking so many, but I guess it's hard for me to not ponder about things like these.

I think you are enjoying being here where you can ask any question you like, which is great! Keep asking and keep pondering :)

OK the people at the top of the WTS are crooks in it for the money right? They use an organization that preaches about a God that has justice for those who are weak at heart. I am not in a position to judge these guys at the top, but I would assume what they are doing to millions of innocent people is wrong. Do they have any concept of a God, or even the one they have their puppet organization represent? If so, wouldn't they know what they are doing is wrong and deserving of divine judgement/punishment, which means they are technically commiting suicide in a way. Are they crazy, do they have a mental problem? (interestingly making poor moral dicsions and having a lack of a conscience are considered mental problems by some phychologists)

I think the GB are just pawns, not captains Ephesians 6:12

For sure, they all have a conscience which has been pricked along the way but they ignore it 1 Timothy 4:1-3 , Romans 1:28

This describes them to a tee

2 Timothy 3:5-7 (New International Version)

5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

The GB deny the power of God, the Holy Spirit and specifically the gifts of the Holy Spirit 1 Corinthians 12 , 1 Corinthians 14

6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth.

The truth is Jesus, plain and simple Romans 10:9, John 14:6, 1 Timothy 2:5 , John 1:1

Blessings,

Stephen

• teel
    teel

Have you read Ray's books? He thinks the GB is actually for real, they actually believe that they are somehow moved by the Holy Spirit, and overall in the long run all their decisions are good, because it's either directed by God, or God permits the decision to pass, and because He's a good person, he wouldn't allow something truly bad, and in fact in time He fixes the things that are bad using new light.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    OK the people at the top of the WTS are crooks in it for the money right?

That is unproveable. They might be just delusional.

Nobody has any concrete evidence as to what happens with the cashflow so don't bother making accusations that might blow up in your face.

Stick to stuff that you have the paperwork for. There is plenty of it.

Cheers

Chris

• mind blown
    mind blown

I hope you're joking teel......Ray Franz has said no such thing..unless you made a type o and ment THEY/GB think they are actually for real.

Below is a quote from one of Ray Franz books.

"I am convinced that the one true religion is Christianity itself, not some religious system claiming to represent and exemplify it, I also believe that the truth is found in the Scriptures, not in any particular set of interpretations that men have developed or may yet develop....

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    OK the people at the top of the WTS are crooks in it for the money right?

I think that's a bit simplistic. I don't think the WTS sole motivation is to make money. I think the money they make is a byproduct of the trust its members have put in them, and the way that trust is abused. But they may very well believe that they are God's chosen channel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit