PROCLAIMER'S BOOK quiz

by Terry 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Take this brief Proclaimer's book quiz concerning the Society's views on homosexuality.

First, remember when the Proclaimer's book was released:

RELEASED at 1993’s summer Divine Teaching District Convention

In contrast to "many churches" who debate the question of whether homosexuality should be viewed as sinful,

and an abomination or even grounds for divorce, the Proclaimer's book makes a definite statement.

Jehovah’s Witnesses-Proclaimers of God’s Kingdom:

PAGES 174-175

"But among the Witnesses, there was never any question as to how homosexuality would be viewed."

Since the Governing Body is God's channel of communication on Earth you'd certainly expect a definite

pronouncement about this, wouldn't you? Surely Jehovah knows and if Jehovah knows his "channel" would

communicate this "food at the proper time."

Is there a way of testing this definite statement about "never any question"?

Sure there is!

Let's look at the Watchtower record.

A question was submitted to the Society, which ruled in the January 1, 1972 Watchtower that homosexual acts

do not constitute ground for divorce:

"While both homsexuality and bestiality are disgusting perversions, in the

case of neither one is the marriage tie broken."

(p. 32)

Nearly a year later the Society reversed itself and ruled in the December 15, 1972Watchtower that

homosexual acts do constitute ground for divorce, adding that:

"This clearly marks a correction in the view

expressed on previous occasions in the columns of this magazine..."

QUIZ

So the above statement on pages 174-175 of the Proclaimers book PAGES 174-175 about events 21 years previous:

"But among the Witnesses, there was never any question as to how homosexuality would be viewed."

is.....

A. Absolutely True

B. Utterly False

As the channel of God's communication the Society:

A.Is Always Clear, precise, certain and truthful

B. Wouldn't know the truth if it bit them in the ass

How did you do?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well spotted Terry - I was privileged - the book was in short suppky on release and only Elders, MS and regular pioneers could get them on initial release.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Terry, there is "never any question" as to how ANYTHING is viewed by the Watchtower.

It is always viewed under the illumination of "Current Light".

Preceding JW two-step notwithstanding...... Good Point!

om

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Terry, I must respectfully disagree with you on this one. The clarification was whether or not it was grounds for divorce, not a change in the view of it being sinful and a perversion.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    there was never any question as to how homosexuality would be viewed

It was not viewed as grounds for divorce on January of 72 and then it was viewed as grounds of divorce on December.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    Terry, I must respectfully disagree with you on this one. The clarification was whether or not it was grounds for divorce, not a change in the view of it being sinful and a perversion.

Absolutely correct wannabefree!

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

They're still WRONG to call it sinful & a perversion. Honestly, life without man on man bumsex wouldn't be worth living.

• Terry
    Terry

I can see the confusion. It is in the way I framed it.

I meant to center attention on the blanket statement: "But among the Witnesses, there was never any question as to how homosexuality would be viewed."

The discrepency centers on the denial that the VIEW of JW's officially was never a matter of question when it had been TWICE resulting in a reversal.

I hope that clarifies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit