DO OVER

by JeffT 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JeffT
    JeffT

I got to thinking about this reading the thread about scriptures they don't use (they have a real problem with Jesus.)

Seems they could solve a lot of problems by just announcing that they aren't a Christian religion at all, they're a Jewish sect! They would no longer have to worry about all that stuff Jesus said about forgiveness and love. They could just go Old Testament and be done with it. They could start tithing, going out in service really would be a sacrifice. Everybody would have to make a trip to Bethel (or wherever) once a year and make an offering.

And a I bet about half of them would come out of the meeting talking about what wonderful new light that was.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Don't give them any ideas. (In other words, yeah, that sounds about right!)

This is not to slight any of Jewish faith. The Jewish faith is actually amazingly progressive. The JW version would be a fundamentalist zealot Jewish sect... and all fundamentalist zealots are much more about rules than what is actually right.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Never happen! They would lose so many people. Even though the literature and doctrines don't seem Jesus-centric, most JWs do consider themselves christians (I sure did). I think they would lose active JWs and potential converts- mainly alot of black people. As a black person, let me tell you- nobody loves the Lord like black folks. If they said they weren't even pretending to be christians anymore, black people would be like, WTH?

• cult classic
    cult classic

I agree w/ serenitynow,

The whole hook with the witnesses is that they are TRUE christians!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit