Anyone feel like this?

by Strider Arekksu 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Strider Arekksu
    Strider Arekksu

I remember I was not always very good at social settings, I was good at analyzing them but bad at participating them, I am always in my head so its hard for me to get influenced by people if I don't get a good feel for them, so it's hard to brainwash me I guess. When I was in this organization, I KNEW the tactis they were using in the paragraphs and the way they were writing were ways to trap people mentally, but I just shrugged it if off, I just made excuses, and literally thought, I'll deal with this pothole latter, I got brought in through my grandma, so I never was literally convinced that it was right. I always remembered when the question "will witnesses be the only ones saved" came up, they gave shady answers, which meant yes, but they didn't want to say it, and knew it didn't make sense and wasn't scriptual. I would always sit in on studies with others and they would feed them things that I knew were not scriptual but I just sat there, I didn't want to disrupt the study. Eventually after hearing the same repeats over and over only being in for about 4 years (Teacher have said that there impression of me is that I love to learn, the org was not teaching, it was brainwashing, and I knew it) so (among other issues I had) , I decided that I had enough and decided to call it quits. One in particular is when I was talking to a brother about a problem that a family that left the congregation and moved to another, the problem delt ith the attitude of the people in the old one, and I was thrown in the middle, I told the brother that I was not wanting to cause distress or issues and that I wanted everything to settle without much trouble, I didn't want this to keep continuing. The brother told me that I was a good person, I thought to myself "aren't we all supposed to be good?" After hearing that, I started considereing that there was some kind of hidden agenda in the org that a few knew of, I started keeping track on publications and what not, I had the feeling that eventually I would have to get the hell out of it.

What I honestly want to know is what does the WTS GAIN from controling people? They are hated by outside people, they are hated by people who leave, they try to justify brainwashing through scripture "mental regulating". Why would they want money if they preach that money is not important? Is it so the ones inside will give their money to them? Not only would that be a pretty sort sighted and lame goal for a supper worldwide cult, but it would be a HUGE case of hypocracy.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Free labor, bequests and donations =$$$$$

• Strider Arekksu
    Strider Arekksu

mindmelda, I understand that, but if you preach that money is not important why the HELL would you secretly use the organization you preach with to absorb it? This is literally insane to me.

• JWoods
    JWoods

They are in what we call a recursion loop in the computer world.

The people doing this oppression are themselves oppressed by the same religious doctrine.

It is like a dog chasing his tail.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I think they were just telling US how money is not important. I think that whoever is really getting rich at the top of this org is very much concerned about money. People want to make it seem like there is some loftier reason for what this org does, please, it is all about money. And for the R&F- the males- who aren't getting the money, there is the feeling of self importance they get from being able to ruin people's lives.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

They need money to be able to buy property, buildings, and equipment all for God's glory before He destroys it all.

The brain-control is to keep the members "happy" and "secure" in an organization they depend upon as a soothing crutch.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They get their kicks in ruining lives. People that are born in have nothing to go by: and the stronger their parents are in the cancer, the less they get to do. Every year is the same as every other: No special vacation trips to Old Orchard Beach or Yellowstone, no field trips in school, no nothing. Just the Grand Boasting Session (the same every year), the REJECT Jesus Party (the same every year), the new circus year (the same every year), and more boasting sessions (the same every year).

Even as a recruit, I noticed that trend. I noticed that the year I was recruited was set off from other years by that event itself, but soon it got old. I cannot tell any meaningful difference in my field circus arrangements between the 1992-93 circus year and the 1995-96 circus year: They are all the same to me. If I had that problem, just think what would happen if a person is born in or the parents go in while the children are little. This results in people that are not comfortable outside the cancer, and they will continue pio-sneering and doing more "where the need is greater" in a vain attempt to find something to set off one year from another. It never works.

And that is what happens when the parents obey the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger to the full. Children whose parents let them look at the Christmas lights or watch Christmas specials on TV, take them on occasional real vacations, or let them go on class trips are admonished by the rags that they are not faithful because they should be out in field circus instead. Which, if heeded, results in even worse stagnation for the children and even more ruined lives. And that's how they get their kicks.

• Heaven
    Heaven

What JWoods said!

Strider, it was their literary format that put me off reading their stuff along with the inaccuracies and my personal disagreement with what they were saying. It starts out all good but about 1/3 of the way through, everything goes all bad in their articles. They've been doing this for years. It just puts me off.

As my Dad said last year "Too much Doom and Gloom?" I said "You got it, Dad."

What you focus on expands. I prefer to focus on positive, creative, and growth oriented activities not the 'doom and gloom' of the Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit