Yay, I'm a registered voter!

by mindmelda 6 Replies latest jw friends

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I went to renew my driver's license today, and decided to become a registered voter too!

I got a temp card and I'll get a permanent one in few weeks.

One more step out of JW bizarro world!

I had a turtle sundae at Dairy Queen to celebrate! It was good.

Not that it's any of your beeswax, but I'm an Independent.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

registered last month for the first time at 35!!!! It was a good day!!!! good thing!!!

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Now I officially have done something to be DF'd for...but no one knows I am one here where I live now, so big deal. LOL

I was kind of hoping to be DF'd for participating in a large orgy with lots of oiled up and buff men and gorgeous women, but I guess this will do.

LOL

• Robdar
    Robdar

YAY!!!

~does happy dance for Mindmelda~

• Robdar
    Robdar

~does another happy dance for Found Sheep~

• moshe
    moshe

It was in 1980 that I registered and voted for the first time. I wrote a letter to the local newspaper, which they printed, explaining why I had waited so long to vote. I don't think the local JW's appreciated my letter.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Yeah, the lady at the DMV, a nicely curious woman, asked me why I'd never registered before. So, I told her. She just shook her head and said, "Why would those people give up one of the best rights we have as American citizens?"

I said, "I dunno, especially since they count on that freedom of religion thing so much."

LOL, I alway try to get a good punch in against JW stupidity whenever possible anymore. I am an ANTI Witness!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit