Gas Grills....Summer is on the way and so is outdoor cooking need advice!

by restrangled 9 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

I didn't use my Gas grill at all last year. I pulled off the cover today, lifted the lid and wanted to faint. I just installed a new gas tank and am running it at 500 degrees. It should be sanitized at that temperature right but for how long? Its been going for 20 minutes now and I'd like to grill a marinated sirloin tip roast.

Any and all input welcome!!!!!!

r.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Clean out any old debris from the bottom of the grill.

Use a wire brush to clean the wire grate.

Turn the flame on high for 10 or 15 minutes.

You should be good to go!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

r....get a charcoal grill - much better flavor!!!!!!

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    r....get a charcoal grill - much better flavor!!!!!!

Here here!

Cooking with a gas grill is in my opinion no better than cooking on the stovetop with a frying pan! It creates the illusion of barbecuing - but without the flavor!

- Lime

• JeffT
    JeffT

I've done that myself. You open the grill and discover a fuzz farm. I think you have it covered. I used to cook over charcoal all the time. I've been happy with my gas grill, although you need some wood chips.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Elsewhere...yes that would be wonderful if I had wire grates, but bought one those monstrosities with cast iron grates....they never look good.

Magwitch....I am of the mind to switch to charcoal....and by the way, when are we going to have that Martini together?....(just saw the post today!)

Anyway, just went out and turned off the grill..... will let you all know how this Sirloin tip roast turns out! It's marinating right now.

Will be served with bluecheese/sourcream mashed potatos, ceaser salad, and peppercorn gravy. (Are you getting hungry?)

r.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I love my charcoal grill. Using the right wood chips creates a true smoke flavored sensation.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> Elsewhere...yes that would be wonderful if I had wire grates, but bought one those monstrosities with cast iron grates....they never look good.

If the grate looks perfectly clean, it means your doing something wrong.

A "proper" grate will have evidence of previous grilling.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Thanks Elsewhere.....I'm slapping on the roast after I post this!!!!!

r.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Just to update any one who was reading this: Marinated the sirloin tip roast in Worcestershire, garlic, onion and black pepper....

Put it on the grill and it came out beautifully. (Wow did it smell good, and the house was never heated up)

In fact, so good, there are no left overs between the men in the house and a very pesky Doberman looking for fatty parts.

Thanks for every one's help.

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit