Local cult puts up a show

by teel 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• teel
    teel

Celebrating Jesus' resurection, they put up a singing - dancing flashmob right in the central square of the capital. The song is about the "hapy sunday" when Jesus was resurrected. Check out the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyXVjDyFtAk

Now make no mistake, this is a cult infamous for their leader's money greed, and shady internal politics. Nevertheless, seeing that video almost makes me not care about all that. I think there are so much JWs can learn from other cults. I mean come on, this event attracted 1300 young people, and they look like they genuinely enjoyed themselves. What similar can the WTS show? Can this be truly compared with the "memorial holiday"?

• poppers
    poppers

So, what is this cult?

• dgp
    dgp

Teel, I kinda agree with you.

The first thing I see is that not many of these youth had been born when the Iron Curtain fell. I wonder if they will ever become aware of how much a cult is similar to Communism (only the commies were not that smart after all).

I didn't know Hungarians to be able to dance like this. No offense, anyone, but I regarded them as more or less "devoid of movement".

I wonder what it was that really attracted these youth. Was it the dancing and singing? perhaps. The cult must have attracted them, too, at least in part.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit