christian freedom ministry

by NoDread 5 Replies latest jw friends

• NoDread
    NoDread

I am a former J.W. minister/elder thinking of starting a ministry that caters to individuals out of fundementalist religions. A fellowship that focuses on the role of Jesus as savior but does not require those gathering to believe in any strict interpertation of scripture. I have been approached by different non-denominational ministers in my area to act as an associate pastor of their churches and provide an outreach program for former J.W.. Some have even indicated that such a ministry might prove usefull for many after having left the Watchtower. Helping such ones realize the true love of Jesus Christ and the power of his shed blood.
    I am afraid however that what I think is a somewhat decent idea might in time grow into something that represents the very religion I have seen fit to separate myself from.
    I have followed this board and others like it for sometime. And I would like some feedback.
    Would "Christian Freedom Ministries" be a mistake or could it actually prove to be a positive effort on my part?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Don't take this as anything but a sincere question.

What could you possibly offer that a person could not get by taking a walk in the woods?

I mean honestly, what could you possibly offer another human in regards to their relationship with god?

The world doesn't need another religion does it? Not even another denomination, branch, or "fellowship", does it?

Why not pick a worthy cause and use your obvious "leadership" leanings to tackle that cause or problem.

I know I'll less suspicious of you, maybe God will too.

• libra_spirit
    libra_spirit

Wow, that is an awesome oppertunity!

You could focus on only the first four books of the New testament, and maybe even find that book that contains only quotes from Jesus mouth. As the old testament is all Jewish Vengfull stuff and the rest of the NT is the Apostle's "burden your brothers" laws they made after Jesus was no longer there to correct them.

Would your faith be an OPEN one or a CLOSED one?
    IE, will you discipline your followers, seperating them from all non believers?
    Will you preach that everyone outside Christianity is evil?
    Will you accept homosexuals?
    Will you minister to prostitutes?
    Will you practice the laying on of hands?
    Will you imitate Jesus?
    Can the Holy Spirit work through you? Do you have a working understanding of how it does?

All I know is you better know what the program is going in, plan plan plan. Then go for it. You are sure to recieve blessings if you follow Spirits lead in this. If you benifite but one person it will have been a rewarding and loving pursuit.

And I like that word "Freedom" in there.

Love and Light,
    DL

• zerubberballs
    zerubberballs

:::What could you possibly offer that a person could not get by taking a walk in the woods?

I mean honestly, what could you possibly offer another human in regards to their relationship with god?

The world doesn't need another religion does it? Not even another denomination, branch, or "fellowship", does it?
    :::

SixofNine,

I just don't think you're entering into the $pirit of thi$ thread, i mean here's a guy who can $tart his own domination, opportunitie$ like that don't come everyday ..

unclebru$e who recon$ NoDread $hould take Loopy-libra'$ hint and make a mot$a

PS: Are Christians getting shallower or am I getting deeper? Seriously, between NoDread and libra_spirit i feel nauseous. You folks ars sick. All this "helping" people by setting traps in the name of religion is just disgusting. I don't know how you sleep nights, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

what the WBTS can't repudiate they vilify

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Oh thank$ Zerruberball$, I'$ under$tand$ better now$, ye$$a.

• nowaytess
    nowaytess

Then Join my club! The Link is below, all you have to do is have an account with Yahoo. I can use the help in my minstry. I already have one co-founder who is an Elder!

People make fun of you if you are a fundementalist. I still believe in the principles on what the Bible teaches!

<A HREF= http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/christianexjehovahswitnesses </A>

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit