How to look up pretrial cases online?

by cognac 2 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

There is a JW who just had his pretrial for shaking his baby to death. Is there any way to look it up online to read the transcript of it?

• DNCall
    DNCall

Not sure what you mean by "had his pretrial." Maybe you are referring to a hearing on a pretrial motion.

At any rate, if the matter is in state court, Google "(county name) Superior Court." Look on the court's website for "case summary," or similar. You will need to enter the case number in the appropriate field. (If you don't know the case number, you can enter the parties' names.) Once you have located the list of documents on file in the case, there should be information as to how you may download them. There is usually a nominal fee for this.

If the matter is in federal court, use this link and establish an account. Again there will be a nominal fee for each document downloaded: http://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov/

If you mean a trial transcript, use the appropriate procedure above to contact the applicable court to order the transcript. Again, you will need the case number, or a the very least the parties' names.

If you have trouble with this you can PM me and I will see if I can help further.

F.

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

Transcipt no, most counties have general court case info, date opened, dismissed stuff like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit