Do 7th Day Adventists, Christadelphians, Mormons, etc, have an end time eschatology?

by yadda yadda 2 8 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Do any of these other religions have an end time eschatalogy that is anything remotely similar to the JW's in terms of chronology, interpretations of spans of time, generations, etc?

All I know is that the 7th Day Adventists still hold to their chrono-prohetic interpretations that arrived at 1843. Beyond that, do they or any other JW-type religion have anything else?

• Confuzzled
    Confuzzled

I have several 7th Day Adventists on both sides of my family. The only thing I know about them is they are hard core vegatarians, or pretend to be (you could be reincarnated as a chicken or cow!). They don't really discuss there faith, other then to ask if they can have a cheese sandwhich instead of a hamburger. I wouldn't put them in the same group with JWs, as I don't think they are a cult per say, as they certainly don't have a problem mixing with there non-believing relatives, or sending their children to Catholic schools and Catholic colleges. This is just my experience.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Thanks but I'm just interested in end-time eschatology comparisons.

• maputo95
    maputo95

Ellen G White, prophetess of the SDA Church wrote a book called "The Great Prophecy ( between Christ and Satan)". I found it a gross simplication of the History of Christianity with a prejudice against the Catholic Church. It all descends from Millerite Millennialism. I did a comprehensive course with them and enjoyed the gaudy illustrations of Daniel's symbolic statue etc. They believe the "mark of the beast" is Sunday worship and they proselytize very aggressively, not disclosing that they are Seventh Day Adventists and offering a free course on Revelations. They are accepted as Christians by Orthodox Christians because they believe in the Trinity and have a valid baptism. They do not believe in Hell and the soul as I do and have other similar distinctives to those of the WT such as a dodgy Christology. I love them and wish them well.

• maputo95
    maputo95

FOR A COMPREHENSIVE EXAMINATION OF SDA BELIEFS, GO TO: sda2rc.blogspot.com

• maputo95
    maputo95

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventh-day_Adventist_eschatology - This gives a full treatment of SDA eschatology.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Thanks. What about Christadelphians and Mormons?

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.christadelphian.org.uk/wcb/

http://www.mormonbeliefs.org/

Here are their sites and they have contact information to get any additional information or clarification. Best to get it from the horses mouth.

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit