Those Crazy JW "older" men !

by man in black 5 Replies latest jw friends

• man in black
    man in black

This morning I took my wife out for breakfast, and we ran into an old JW friend who was an elder for years.

i was slightly taken back when he approached us ( we are both DA' ed) and he started talking about the memorial,, not

"how are you, or whats new" just ramroded memorial crap, andstarted to tell us the juicy local gossip .

There was a ultra- straight PO from the Cary ILL. hall who left his wife,,, moved in with another elder and his wife,, became inactive, and ignored everyone who was a JW.

Talk about a complete mind shift !

Well, the elder who allowed him to move in was arrested last year for domestic abuse, and he actually hit a cop !

Needless to say, this elder AND his wife were DFed, and the wife -leaving PO who moved in was DFed about the same time.

I just stood there and thought to myself, "this religion really brings out the best in people".

A very surreal experience, and it helped me to realize that leaving this religion was a very good thing !

• dissed
    dissed

They are morally, fantastically, incredibly, totally, ok, just plain screwed up, no?

• musky
    musky

I hope you and your wife had an enjoyable breakfast,despite the strange experience.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Hi Man in Black,

The way the man approached you is a typical JW/Watchtower mindset. Assuming you had listened to him, accepted his invitation to attend the memorial then later show up at KH, the man would be considered a success story once of emulation. During OKM discussion, its possible he might share that story to show how bold witnessing can be by taking every opportunity to witness for Jah's kingdom. Iam glad you stood your ground.

Scott77

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Ah, Scott, the memorial’s been and gone. The breakfast happened “this morning”.

MIB, Maybe the old guy didn’t know what to say to you so just said whatever jumped into his brain, which happened to be the latest congregation gossip!

Hope you had a nice breakfast.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Hi Broken Promises,

Thanks for point. I got it. By the way, what would have happened had MIB been approached days before the memorial?

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit