What type of "Society" do you live in?

by kzjw 1 Replies latest jw friends

• kzjw
    kzjw

From the perspective of your local kh heirachy, what role does the wtbs play in your real life? I come to this site as the spouse is a witness, curious to find the answers as to why bible-based babble from the wt can be taken as the truth. But then I look at the jws my spouse likes and know in my heart that they aren’t bad people - in fact save one, most I actually like too. I was taken aback by a recent post that basically said that “most of those who are jws chose to be for reasons other than the wtbs’ history”. Think that might be true?

My rift with the wtbs didn’t occur until 2 years ago(my spouse, a jw for 15yrs-married 18), before that I didn’t attend meetings, but strangely was invited to intimate gatherings with no real sign of “love-bombing” like I’ve read about on other posts. We had a fight over jealousy/fidelity and I construed it to be impossible for a jw to behave that way, thus I wound up here, proceeded to arm myself with CC and all the anti-jw ammo needed to get my wife out. Yeah we did counseling too, and though we aren’t as strong as we’d like, we’re managing our marital union. But my wife remains in, hardly ever missing a meeting, but not always as a slave to wtbs – she relaxes on the things that will never be known to the local kh, so no harm no foul.

I guess she’s a little more progressive than what I’ve read about here. She’ll curse now and then, keeps up w/ celeb gossip more than me, doesn’t fight with the school about holiday parties anymore(we got a 7 yr old) and has become extremely more outgoing, which is a good thing. So I guess the question is, how does the wtbs, which most of your spouse’s joined as jws for reasons not related to the wtbs, affect the “society” you personally live in?

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Most Jws don't know the history or care about it. They, like a lot of people are just looking for something better, or are missing something spirtual in their life. She sounds very much like my wife. She lets her concience guide her more than the marketing materials from NY.

Like any group in life there are good and bad. I have really met only a couple of JWs that I truly hate. Almost all I know or have known are very loving people, and all let NY tell them how to ack to varying degrees.

My mother on the other hand is strongly guided by the pages of the watchower, and I feel that no matter how stupid it gets, she wouldn't notice or care. This bothers me more becuause were I ever to be DFd then I don't belive she could see past the Watchtower to care how I really felt, or that my behaviour is in line with real bible standards, even though not WTS standards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit