One Big April Fool

by lavendar 1 Replies latest jw friends

• lavendar
    lavendar

On this April Fool's Day.....my thoughts are of my JW family member...who I deeply love. But, unfortunately....he's a fool. A fool for letting himself get suckered into joining this insideous cult.

From the very beginning, we tried to warn him. For years, we lovingly tried to open his eyes to the fact that the WTS is NOT what it claims to be: "God's true Organization"..and.."God' channel of communication of earth".

But how could we possibly compete with the WTS's indoctrination process?? Answer: we couldn't. How could we compete with the WTS's requirements?: 1) start studying with a mature member every week; 2) attend multiple meetings per week; 3) go out in field service every week; 4) study the WT & Awake magazines; 5) avoid reading anti-JW material; 6) avoid people who have left the Org; 6) avoid people who are "opposers"; 7) stop gathering with family members for Holidays; 8) believe EVERYTHING the JWs tell you.

I have come to the conclusion that nothing is going to shake my family member's faith in the WTS....UNTIL he starts to doubt & question the Organization ON HIS OWN. Perhaps then...and only then will he be open to conversations regarding the deception of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society!

Lavendar

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

I have come to the conclusion that nothing is going to shake my family member's faith in the WTS....UNTIL he starts to doubt & question the Organization ON HIS OWN.

Unfortunately for those of us who would prefer to see our loved ones free of this controlling cult, what you said here does seem to be a fact. And maybe he's not a fool so much as in need of something that association with the JWs and the WTS can seemingly provide him--many intelligent people are taken in by cults like this because they want or even need something to believe in to make their lives meaningful and livable. So don't write him off as a fool, but stand ready to discuss his doubts and issues with the WTS-- at his own pace--when they start to surface. Meanwhile, you have the opportunity to prove to him that "worldly" people's love is not conditional, unlike the JWs'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit