Wow, it works

by sd-7 8 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

I got a new gravatar. No more purple alien for me.

Time to get back to meaningful discussions about the Watchtower Society.

How about stuff that's not clearly defined in the Bible?

1) Turning in field service time

2) 5 meetings a week

3) 1914 as date of invisible return of Christ

4) Disfellowshipping (term not used in Bible. "Quit mixing in company with" does not equal "never say a greeting to"--more severe of the two reserved for those who deny Jesus altogether in Bible times.)

5) Governing body (term not used in Bible--no references to it in Bible, only references to apostles/older men, not 'governing authority')

6) Channel of communication (term not used in Bible, disguise for prophet)

7) Organization (term not used in Bible, congregations were organized but never referred to collective congregation as 'organization')

8) Faithful and discreet slave class (faithful and discreet slave mentioned, but no reference to a class of people that fits that description)

9) John class (term not used in Bible, how did apostle John develop into a class of people all of a sudden?)

10) Circuit overseer (at least 'circuit servant' sounded more humble)

There are others. Don't even care right now. Just wanted to type something else.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aw, but we were having so much fun generating [much] heat and [a little bit of] light in your other thread!!!

I am just plain 'wuthless' [kidding....] when it comes to 'biblical' discussions of what is 'scriptural' for this - that - the other....

Hope you get some people like Leonaia and Blondie and Undercover in here with you on this thread - they can discuss the bible intelligently...

Me, I discounted it when I realized it wasn't 'divinely inspired', and never paid too much attention to it after that - just whatever it took to escape the physical/psychological violence...

• yknot
    yknot

( you know sex covers a multitude of issues too)

Just sayin'

Besides sharing your tribulation probably is helping many lurkers.......(misery loves company and it helps to know yall are not alone)

Sisterly hug

• darkl1ght3r
    darkl1ght3r

"There are others. Don't even care right now. Just wanted to type something else."

LOL... I hear you man. I read what you said in your other thread about not knowing why you come here. And I think the above is why I come here. Sometimes I just need a sounding board to vent and sort out my thoughts when my frustration flares up. I try to take to heart the helpful comments and filter out the bad or asinine. I'll come as long as I feel the need to get things off my chest, eventually I won't feel that need anymore. Hopefully.

But on to your topic...

Let's not forget:

Michael = Jesus - No scriptural evidence for this teaching. Whatsoever. Good scriprural reasoning that such CANNOT be the case.

No Celebrating Birthdays - No scriptural reason why not.

Wedding Rings - Clearly rooted in paganism, yet these are "OK" for somereason.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hey, SD-7, what is your "Gravatar"??? Looks like something from "Pink Floyd - The Wall"????

• yknot
    yknot

I think it is Indiana Jones

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

wat took you so long?

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

How about all the dads, included “WT stamped approvies” being permitted to watch on their flat screen, and even actually attend, pretty much all types of competitive sporting events. You can go with your BOE buddies or even bring your J.W family along.

But J.W kids can’t even participate in local school sports. If you think about it, it’s not the “competition” that bothers the WT. That spin is put on to keep the kids and their parents away from the “worldlies”.

If you believe competition is wrong and forbid your kids to play sports at school but watch all kinds of sporting events on T.V. you’re probably a J.W dad.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I couldn't get my Gravatar to work so I gave up. Do you think I should try again for the 5th... or would it be the 6th?...time? I understood that once the format for JWN changed, we'd be able to load them here as well.

That spin is put on to keep the kids and their parents away from the “worldlies”.

Also, how dare you spend one second of your time outside of 'theocratic pursuits'? My Dad used to get it in the neck (so to speak) when he was looking after his chronically ill wife (my Mom) and couldn't pioneer. They didn't care... they didn't understand. They've completely lost any sort of grasp on reality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit