The brothers hacked my email!

by Erin 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Erin
    Erin

I reported the activity to my email provider yesterday. They are unable to confirm the improper use, as their records merely show dates and times the internet is accessed. The technical support person said there are no records identifying which computer accesses the internet through my account. Based on that, I don't think I would have much to go on for any lawsuit. Or?

• Jim Dee
    Jim Dee

Give me something new regarding information.

The Society have been hacking email for ages, they use the FBI system called CARNIVORE - its common knowledge. Before CARNIVORE they used VPOP, however VPOP doesn't record emails through Service providor services such as Hotmail, Yahoo! etc - so the answer was to engage ex CIA brothers who are security experts to help them "root out the apostates" , and this they have done. These guys have been in London for the last 4 months upgrading the site - why? because of the number of very serious leaks.

Also all voice traffic out of Bethel is monitored (pay Phones or switchboards) as well as fax lines. For voice they use either the NICE or COMVERSE voice recorder attached to their switchboard (the switchboards are usually Meridian 1 or Meridian Option 11 made by Nortel) - how do I know, I designed it!

Regarding trying to get proof - give me a break since when did they need proof to disfellowship!

Why is this news?

Jim

• shecky2
    shecky2

someone's paranoid

• Celtic
    Celtic

Dear Erin and Jim Dee

Good to see you both here and welcome to this board, looking forward to future sharing of communication with you guys.

Erin, take legal action, you've got a fairly strong case and follow up on the suggestions above.

Jim Dee, do you know Paul Letchford?

All the best and have a great new year the pair of you.

Peace

Mark
    www.can-online.org.uk

• sf
    sf

< http://google.yahoo.com/bin/query?p=CARNIVORE+Watchtower+Bible+FBI&hc=0&hs=0

< http://www.epic.org/

EPIC Policy Archives

Computer Security. Is Cyberspace secure? Hackers, information warfare, laws and guidelines. Includes resources on Critical Infrastructure Protection.

Cryptography Policy. Who holds the keys to online privacy? Clipper Chip, key escrow, export controls, reports and more.

Free Speech. Freedom of speech issues on the Internet including anonymous speech, liability, censorship, and the pending challenge to the Child Online Protection Act. EPIC's Faulty Filters report is also online.

Freedom of Information. How to use the Freedom of Information Act and other laws to obtain information on government activities. See documents EPIC has obtained.
    Learn how to get your own files.

Privacy. The A to Z's of privacy. From airline passenger profiling and Caller ID to Social Security Numbers and Wiretapping.

(This is on the right side of page, in a "box"):

Docket
    Top Cases - January 2002
    CNSS v. DOJ
    In Re Microsoft
    FCC CPNI Rules
    Watchtower Bible
    Ashcroft v ACLU (COPA)
    US v. Scarfo (key logger)
    FOIA Docket

sKally

• anewperson
    anewperson

If an American report it to the FBI: fbi.gov

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

It sure sounds like an inside job. Besides your computer programer, is there any pro/JW family members that may have access to your computer? Just trying to cover all variables!

“We all fell down from the milky way, hanging around here for the judgement day, heaven only knows who’s in command.”- Jimmy Buffet

• SYN
    SYN

Why didn't you use some form of encryption? That's what I want to know. The moment I start emailing sensitive information I use at least 128 bit encryption, if not higher.

Also beware of keyboard scanners, they can detect what you're typing, so all your security is *fucked* if there's someone sitting outside your house in a van listening to the radio waves emitted by your keyboard.

The CARNIVORE thing surprised me, tho!

"I see no good reasons why the views given in this volume should shock the religious sensibilities of anyone." -- Charles Darwin, The Origin Of Species, 1869.

• Jim Dee
    Jim Dee

Give me something new regarding information.

The Society have been hacking email for ages, they use the FBI system called CARNIVORE - its common knowledge. Before CARNIVORE they used VPOP, however VPOP doesn't record emails through Service providor services such as Hotmail, Yahoo! etc - so the answer was to engage ex CIA brothers who are security experts to help them "root out the apostates" , and this they have done. These guys have been in London for the last 4 months upgrading the site - why? because of the number of very serious leaks.

Also all voice traffic out of Bethel is monitored (pay Phones or switchboards) as well as fax lines. For voice they use either the NICE or COMVERSE voice recorder attached to their switchboard (the switchboards are usually Meridian 1 or Meridian Option 11 made by Nortel) - how do I know, I designed it!

Regarding trying to get proof - give me a break since when did they need proof to disfellowship!

Why is this news?

Jim

• Jourles
    Jourles

I will go ahead and throw my few cents into this.

First off, and this goes for everyone here, you should think about changing your password every month. Use special symbols if you can such as @#$!() as taking the place of letters. Have @=A, $=S, and so on. Get creative.

Secondly, if you have CONCRETE proof of this bro eavesdropping in your email and also using your dial-up account, go speak to an attorney that would take your case with his payment taken from a settlement. This is the inexpensive route. If you can afford to hire one outright, then by all means do so. Your attorney can request from the court a subpeona to retrieve the incoming phone records for your ISP, but make sure that you can provide proof that he accessed your account and had copies of your email. If there is no proof, the judge may quash the subpeona before it ever leaves the courtroom.

Let's say that you do not have proof. You can still have fun and possibly even get this bro in serious trouble, at least in the hall or maybe with his employer. Tell him that you plan on hiring an attorney that will be requesting phone records from your ISP, and if those records indicate that he indeed used his home phone line to dial in, then you will be pressing charges against him for invasion of privacy. Tell him that he will be responsible for all attorney's fees, including court costs. Tell him that under God's graciousness you will not hire an attorney if he confesses to his wrongdoing to the elders. Wait a minute. He distributed copies of your emails to the elders? Then go to the elders and explain that you will be taking him to court for invasion of privacy. That will put them into a panic for sure. They won't know what to do with this bro. Let's see, do we reprove him, drop his priv's, or what???

Hell with it, just blab around the hall that he likes to "HACK" into other people's accounts. If your hall is like mine, oooh, they hate the word "hacker," as it relates to the devil's INTERNET.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit