The brothers hacked my email!

by Erin 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Erin
    Erin

Just learned that a group of JWs hacked my email over a considerable period of time, hoping to intercept "incriminating" information in an attempt to disfellowship me!
    They printed up the emails and passed them out to other elders to "examine". They were certainly very, VERY disappointed to not find anything they could "use".
    The only outgoing emails from me they obtained were those attached to incoming mail as a result of some friends hitting "respond" when they wrote back to me.
    The person who got into my email account is a ministerial servant who had previously worked on my business web site and therefore had my password.
    He would download my email onto his computer, miles away, and then put everything back as "unread" so nothing would be "missing", when I accessed email from my computer.
    The group of brothers included ministerial servants, elders and a PO.

I advise any of you who have had brothers work on your computers any time in the past to immediately change your password!
    This is a new "low", as far as I am concerned.

• JBean
    JBean

I agree, Erin. Welcome!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Erin,

Welcome to the board. Your example helps prove that abuses by elders are not limited to just an odd case here or there. In fact, abuse seems to be the rule rather than the exception!

Well hopefully you are free and enjoying it! Have you reported the ministerial servant's misconduct to the e-mail service provider? The idiot deserves to have life made uncomfortable for him. Sheesh.

And here I thought the elders were guided by holy spirit, or by Jehovah, instead they use low-down mafia-like tactics to try to get the goods on their "sheep". What an organization!

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• AlanF
    AlanF

I suggest that you pursue legal action against this jerk for invasion of privacy. I'm sure that a good lawyer could come up with other charges.

AlanF

• Mum
    Mum

I second AlanF's suggestion.

Seize the day, and put the least possible trust in tomorrow. - Horace

I have learned to live each day as it comes and not to borrow trouble by dreading tomorrow. - Dorothy Dix

• Patriot
    Patriot

Talk about "Big Brother".

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

hey erin - any chance you could get hold of a real nasty virus and send it to yourself but never open it ? ... well, at least you wouldn't open it ... perhaps a virus that would attach itself to 'your' address book and send out a message to all those snitching emailing elders ... could have fun with what the message would be ... heh-heh ...

• Erin
    Erin

The spying has stopped since I changed my password! I also learned after changing my password the ministerial servant was "disappointed" because he had been using my internet account to get onto the internet himself for free!!
    You gotta love it.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hi Erin,

I think this post serves as a reminder to be very careful what information we send and recieve through cyber space. Anything you send or recieve can come back to haunt you. I'm glad nothing was found against you and I would definitely threaten legal action against the MS. The threat alone should have him quaking in his boots. I've used that strategy to good effect in the past to stop people spreading rumours.

Are you the same Erin who posted on H20?

best wishes, unclebruce

• Scully
    Scully

Erin,

First of all, welcome to the board. I hope you'll find that there is indeed life outside the JWs.

Secondly, I agree with Alan's suggestion to pursue legal action against the person who did this to you. I would also inform your Internet Service Provider about this dishonest person's breach of your privacy and illegal use of your account. If the MS is employed by a company that you hired to set up your business website, I would also make a complaint to his superiors. They will take this breach of confidentiality very seriously. He deserves to lose his job over this.

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person to expose a certain religion as being false. - WT 11/15/63

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit