The memorial

by callitquits76 3 Replies latest jw friends

• callitquits76
    callitquits76

Sorry to butt right in and ask, but when is/was the memorial? Tonight or last night? A Jewish calendar tells me Nissan 14 was last night...

• cameo-d
  • asilentone
    asilentone

tonight the 30th

• wobble
    wobble

Hi Quits,

And a belated welcome to the board !

It is my understanding that passover started at 6pm Jerusalem time on Nisan 14 ,which was last night, 29th March

6PM Tonight starts the day 15 of Nisan. Correct me if I am wrong.

Long threads on here have pointed out that the WT gets it wrong nearly every year, but that is true to form, they get everything else wrong.

The Dubs have a complicated formula for working out when it should be that ignores what Orthodox Jews are doing, in their usual spirit of must be different to prove we are right, despite the fact that our Jewish friends have been celebrating passover for over 3000 years and I think have a pretty good notion of what day of the week it starts and finishes, April 5th this year (?)

It is my contention that the Dub "Memorial" is a nonsense anyway, just read the account in the Gospel and you will see that Jesus was not instituting a new annual ritual, just giving his Jewish followers a way to remember him and his teachings WHENEVER they ate together.

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit