Memorial Outline

by BluesBrother 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Just so as you know what you are missing....This is the one that I delivered in the early Nineties. I do not think that it has changed much.....

• sir82
    sir82

Oh it's changed quite a bit.

Jesus gets a whole 5 minutes (over 10%!) of the outline there.

Currently it's about 2 minutes or less.

The ideal JW Memorial, probably to be realized within the next decade or so, wouldn't mention Jesus at all. It would be 45 minute lecture on why YOU (yes I mean YOU) are UNQUALIFIED to partake. DROP THAT BREAD RIGHT NOW!

• undercover
    undercover

Importance - 3 minutes

Why - 5 minutes

When - 3 minutes

What it represents - 5 minutes

Who partakes - 13 minutes

Actual passing of emblems - 12 minutes

Benefits - 4 minutes

Easy to see who gets top-billing...

• stillin
    stillin

thanks, Jake. I got your soundtrack today.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

At least I will not be going this year. I have better things to do--like finding the outline on an apostate site.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Thanks for posting BB :)

It is interesting that the biggest section is "WHO SHOULD PARTAKE OF THE EMBLEMS?", which goes on at length describing their view that almost no-one should "partake".

Anyhow, the bible provides many a firm rebuttal to their "two class" deception but here's one.

Galatians 3:26-29 (New International Version)

Sons of God
    26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Blessings, Stephen
  • EverAStudent
    EverAStudent

BluesBrother, thanks for posting that! Very informative.

I did not realize that such a significant part of the ceremony was dedicated to dissuading people from believing that they were part of the New Covenant ("New Testament ")!!!! To my mind it feels like an anti-religion. In Christianity we try to show people how the New Covenant covers them, not excludes them!

That was an eye opener!

And what is up with 1 2:1-2 allegedly showing "two destinies"? Does it not show that everyone, apostles, Jews, and Gentiles all share in the same identical forgiveness? Yes, that was a real eye-opener.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yep... The strange thing is that they want as many as possible to attend, 18 million last year they said, but the whole expectation is that the number of the "remnant of the little flock" remaining is expected to decrease. So they do discourage anyone from newly partaking. That doesn't stop some, of course but that is a bigger subject.

If you are unclear, they say that John 10 refers to 2 destinies 1] Heaven for 144,000 2] Earth in paradise for the great crowd of other Witnesses and resurrected ones. The say, if I remember the phrase , "the great crowd are covered by the benefits of the New Covenant, but are not a party to it" - hence they do not partake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit