Another JW "Wicked World "Myth Dispelled....

by Room 215 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Room 215
    Room 215

WE allknow how WT literature trumpets the unique honesty and ethic of JWs while at the same time portraying the world outside JWism as a monolith of depravity, self-interest and dishonesty. Just saw a reality TV show in which a van randomly dispersed eleven bags purported to contain bags of money with tags identifying the owners and requesting a return for reward. Results: nine of 11 were returned..... Whether any or all of the Honest Nine were JWs was not stated.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

One very maddening thing I have found about the powers that be in the WT, is that in addition to always having that air of moral superiority is their reluctance or refusal to handle those in the cong, esp men who are found to be dishonest, unethical, or just plain unchristian. My father who refused to pay child support or visit us, rather chose to let his children suffer. When this was brought to the attention of the brothers- his buddies, it was treated as if it was no big deal. The things that I have seen or heard of "the friends" doing- even in the "world" is often considered aberrant, deviant behaviour.

jada

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If it was more than $20, especially if the owner is identifiable, I would make a reasonable attempt to return the money. At that, whether or not I am a witless. If it is less than $20 and I could not reasonably identify the rightful owner, I would keep it and not worry about it. Less than $20 but it is reasonable to locate the owner, I would make a reasonable attempt (which might be simply notifying someone that just dropped a penny).

And that's as a "Devil worshiper".

• ziddina
    ziddina

Whattaya mean, "a "Devil worshiper"....

Couldn't you make up your mind as to WHICH devil to worship??? May I suggest "AukNuk" the 'Disemboweler'... She's a Native American - Inuit, I think - 'Devil' - I think she's actually a 'bear-spirit'... and a really neat name; much better than "Satan"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit