Open Letter to Jehovah's Witnesses re Memorial 2010

by donuthole 7 Replies latest jw friends

• donuthole
    donuthole

Dear Friend,

Imagine that you personally have been invited by a great man to come to his dinner party. He tells you, “come and enjoy the good things I will give you to eat and drink.” You are very excited because this man is said to have the most exquisite food in the entire world.

On the night of the dinner you take your seat at his table. The food is brought out and it smells absolutely delicious. Yet when it is passed to you, your fellow guests at the table say that this food and drink is not for you. They say that you have only been invited to observe other people eating and drinking. You are confused because you know that you have personally been invited by the man himself to eat and drink at his table.

My dear brothers and sisters, the man who has prepared the feast is Jesus and he has extended a personal invitation to each and every one of us this year to eat and drink at his table. The number of those hearing and accepting this invitation to partake is growing every year now — even at a faster rate than those coming into the Organization in general. It is an amazing thing to witness!

Just as you have went door-to-door over the previous month extending an invitation for people to come to his table and observe I am entrusted now as his servant to extend a personal invitation to you to eat and drink. I am to share his personal words to you:

“Most truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him.” — John 6:53–56

If you are seeking everlasting life, you must do what he instructs. It is not up to us to find our own way; because he is the only Way. Out of his great love he has prepared a way, offering his body and blood on our behalf. (Luke 22:19, 20) Yes there may be others that will tell you that his food and drink is not for you and may even try to discourage you, but if we really want to honor Jesus and the sacrifice he has made for us on this special occasion then we should accept the food and drink he is offering us. As his servant I encourage you to listen to him because he is Faithful and True.

It is my hope to be there again with you soon. In my absence, I want to reaffirm my continued love for you. Above all else remember that our Father in Heaven and the one that he sent forth Jesus love you dearly. I pray that their blessings fill your life in every way.

Yours in Him,

Anthony

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Donuthole..

I know you are a friend of Shelbys..

I am her non Christian friend.

LOL!!

Shelby and I have been friends for a long time..

Even though I am not a Christian..

I understand the importance of partaking in the bread and wine..If you are a Christian..

Good thread..

............................. ...OUTLAW

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh yes, I'm with the both of you one this one. I'm not a Christian but do believe that if you are one, you should act like one and partake. To not partake makes one a false Christian, in my opinion.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I agree. I never did quite understand how the ritual of passing the cup and plate around ever got to be.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

There are MANY things I have issue with in the JW religion, the premis of "organization" being the key one because all the crap flows from there.

But the Memorial holds a special place in my heart because it effects so m any of them, routinely.

The Memorial enfoces on them the power of the GB and of the "annointed" class, it is the TOTAL opposite of Grace.

Where God's grace is given free to all, the memorial is withedl from the majority.

God's grace tells us that no matter what we do, God loves us and if we belive, our salvation is in Christ's hands.

The memorial is about the opposite, no matter what you have done, you are NOT worthy to partake on what was free given to ALL.

Only the annointed can partake, the rest are NOT deserving.

If that is NOT a slap in the face of God's gift of Grace, I don't know what is.

There they sit, all the "un-annointed", their heads hanging low, nomatter how many hourse they put in, how many loved ones they shunned, how many they have lost to the horrifc "no blood policy", they are NOT deserving to share in what Jesus told ALL his believers to do.

The Last Supper was Our Lord's gift to us so that ANYTIME we do it, we remember him.

When we say grace before our meal and we thank Jesus for all his has done, for his sacrifice, we are partaking of his Blood and Body.

But even here the WT Ignores Jesus's commands and relegates him to the back with the rest.

Horrific...

• sd-7
    sd-7

I actually thought about bringing a straw with me for the wine when they pass it my way...but then, I'm already in enough trouble with the missus as it is. Probably shouldn't risk it...but it is the right thing.

• donuthole
    donuthole

Outlaw --

Good to meet you. I first contacted Shelby last week. What a beautiful person she is.

-Anthony

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Question for the Christians: does it really matter when one partakes of the bread and wine? What if, say, I did it next weekend instead of tonight?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit