Newbies , Are We Seeing An Accelerated Increase? This Past Year ? Newbies Feel free To Respond Please .

by smiddy 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

I have seen more leaving than coming in. Young ones are exiting at alarming rates. TTATT is out and everywhere, so resistance is futile.

SL

• ivanatahan
    ivanatahan
    "I have seen more leaving than coming in. Young ones are exiting at alarming rates. TTATT is out and everywhere, so resistance is futile.

SL"

Speak for yourself. In the congregations I've been in, there's always been growth. I think it may be because the elders are too scared to arbitrarily DF people.

• DJS
    DJS

Bonsai: "I think I've learned enough at this point in my life to know that I really don't know anything."

I had the same experience when I finally realized the Borg was all a bunch of woo. Don Henley's lyrics helped me through the night:

"Everything I thought I knew I'm learning again."

Realizing that I had been fooled for so long, and thinking to myself that I thought I was a fairly smart guy, was one of the best lessons I've ever had in life. Maybe the best. Good luck on your journey.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    I feel that as a jw, we were never able to express ourselves without biting our tongues. This site is our venting, and awakening station.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I'd say for everyone that joins a site like this there are at least 10 that leave but never join a site like this. I helped wake up a friend last year, so he's done, he told his sister to live her life to the fullest didn't share much ttatt and she's mentally out getting a divorce and finally having fun. My friends wife is df'd and not going back. So in my small world 4 are gone from the borg. Ones got to think these kinds of ripple effects are happening all over the Organization.
  • flipper
    flipper
    I just want to say " hi " and welcome all you newer members here. It's really cool to have you here. Peace & love, Mr. Flipper
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    With out a doubt I think more are leaving than coming in. Especially quality converts who will be able to pass it onto the next generation. At the time I left in a cong of around 100 pubs. 6 left and although not DFed and I would say they will never return. There were also 3 others disfellowshiped around the same time. I have since learned that there are a further 3 that are now also inactive since my exit. That's 12% loss in less than 3-4 years. The fact that sights like these are growing would suggest that there is a growing discord amongst the R&F in the organisation. I think it was a good move on WTBTS to have all the KHs titles in their name in case of such an event.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

there are many former witnesses I have contact with, and few visit or post on sites like this. One of them visited for a while but didn't post. I visited a few several years ago but never posted until recently.

I think it's a mental thing, it really does take cajones to register on an apostate site, after all we've been told our lives. I think you can take the number of new posters here and figure the number leaving is exponentially larger.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thank you for all your input and a hearty welcome to all you newbies .

I would agree wholeheartedly with the observations voiced here,stumbling on a site such as this searching for information on a subject.Curiosity over-riding the fear of looking at an apostate site ,problems that affect you personally in a congregation that gets you to start thinking ,like ,"hang on somethings not quite right here"

I would also agree that apathy and just plain getting tired of the whole thing and nothing ever happening like the W.T. / G.B. said is going to happen.

Also the fact that in my family , I am the only one out of nine people who were involved with the witnesses that frequents sites like this,eight other people are just not interested in having anything anymore to do with anything related to Jehovah witnesses .

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit