"Keep Doing This..."

by Simon Morley 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

As this will be the 1st year of my not attending the memorial my wife (who feels the same) and I had a discussion this morning that I thought I would post to see (as I am relatively new to the group) what you all feel. Our discussion was about Jesus' command to "keep doing this in rembrance of me". What would Jesus want us to do if we do not go? What educated research has been done on the matter?

We do not believe that doing it every day as per the RC's is right, but how have some of you interpreted this. If there has been past post then a link would be helpful. There is some connectiveness to the Passover that seems to be a more family aven that a collective gathering. Ther again, maybe this is just another instance of JW embed on the subject that is hard to reconcile. Thank you in advance.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Personally, I think that since Jesus said to keep doing this, without specifying how often, it is up to the person how often to do it. I don't think it's wrong to do it every day or every year. I also think that since a non-partaker was dismissed from the partaking group 2000 years ago, that there is no need for non-partakers to attend.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome Simon Morley!

One or two biblical pointers here

The Clear Biblical Case Against "The Memorial".

Blessings,

Stephen

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Keep doing this" ..

Moony 1

..................... ...OUTLAW

• steve2
    steve2

Several forests have been wasted over the millenia by numberless commentators giving their own justifications for the frequency of "keep doing this". As with most "doctrines", simplicity is the last thing in plain evidence.

But here's something to consider: If it is absolutely critical exactly how frequently followers were to "keep doing this" surely a exact number or frequency would have been specified in the command itself- as it was done for example for the ancient sabbath observance. Besides, it would be verging on cruel beyond words if the Creator deemed some followers deserving of eternal annihilation simply because they had reached a different conclusion about the frequency of "keep doing this" than the intended frequency.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit