....cure the sick in my name.

by xbro 1 Replies latest jw friends

• xbro
    xbro

as i have mentioned before i now attend church and enjoy it very much,its the church of england and its very easy going,my wife attends the local comunity church which is pretty much born again christians and is doing the Alpha course. a couple of months ago the wife shot her finger with a catapult and broke the bone clean in two,this was realy hurting her and making her washing up job at the school very difficult,so one of the church members 79 year old Dot,did the laying on of hands bit and the finger was cured ie mended! no more pain or swelling,this has continued till this day,also when we had the car taken we were left with no transport and we live in a very rural location,all the cycling for the wifes work meant her ankles were in pain,big pain as in hobbling about, she went to the alpha course that evening ,Dot prayed over her again and streight away could jump up and down and walk with NO pain at all! now once is posssibly a coincidence but twice is defo a miricle,the wife had no real idea that such a thing could happen and cirtainly wasnt psycosamatic.

This old girl Dot has a well known ability to heal and is this week off to a leper colony in vietnam. This old girl does all these miricles with the help of the holy spirit yet witness' would just quote the ' oh well satan can perform miricles too ,appears as an angel of light ' crap,ever seen a witness healer? surely if gods spirit was with them they too would be doing it?!!

any one else had any experiences like this?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Let us know how many lepers she heals and how many lepers she fails to heal.

I had a sore finger last week. It had been sore for over a week, but came right overnight. Should I praise the Lord? or be thankful that my body did what nature intended? If I had prayed, could I call it a miracle? He hasn't fixed my busted ticker yet. Should I rush down to the local Christian Holey Roller outfit and get layed? on? by hands?

I have nothing against CofE. My FIL was one and I admire his faith more than my parent's with their killer Gods. He died too. Happy to go to his maker.

Every year thousands of people have unexplained remissions from numerous health problems. The chances of a year going by without somebody. somewhere having a remission after a religious event is pretty much zero.... and that's without placebo and nocebo effects.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit