Somebody got into my computer

by Bonnie_Clyde 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I was typing a "Word" document the night before last, and a very strange thing happened. As I was typing, I glanced up to the top of the document and somebody must have been typing words. A whole bunch of words were appearing that didn't even make any sense. At one point, they even backspaced and started typing over. I realized that I was still connected to the Internet so immediately pulled out my Verizon wireless card. Right away I did a full scan with Malware and Symantec and didn't detect any viruses. Yesterday, I called a couple of computer techs I know who had no clue what happened. They asked is I "share" with anyone else. I said "no." I called Verizon, and the guy said their connection was secure. Finally, I talked to a Verizon lady who asked if I had a password for my wireless card, which I do not, yet but I'm going to ask for one today.

From now on, I'm going to be much more careful about disconnecting as soon as I'm done with the internet or checking my emails. In fact, right now I'm at the library using their computer.

• xbro
    xbro

it happens all to often,its a constant battle,your anti virus software should stop the spyware,thats whats happened,theyve left the bug and its recorded all info they want like passwords then they harvest it all.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Bonnie_Clyde ,

I hope your problem is over now. Sorry for what you went through. In my case, I gave permission to Verizon Tech guys to co-use my computer just to help me delete unwanted files for the purpose of increasing space for vedeo use. Just one time and more again.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit