Need help anti-witnessing!

by Robert7 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Robert7
    Robert7

Hello everyone, so my wife has a friend-of-a-friend who has been studying with the Witnesses for a few months now. She wants to present some information to dissuade her from studying further. So I need some ammo!

Any suggestions as to what to present? I need to be careful to be subtle, because I'm sure she's already prepared for attacks from Satan and his apostates.

I know this seems obvious, but although I'm now a proud apostate for a few years and it all makes sense to me, I want to do this right.

Thanks for all your suggestions!

• blondie
    blondie

First find out why this person is studying in the first place, what attracted them to the jws, what did the jw say......

• bluecanary
  • Robert7
    Robert7

Bluecanary, this is good. I like the first point about questioning the teachings of the FDS. One of the recent WT articles reminded everyone that everyone should accept what is taught without question. That's a good point to start with... thanks!

• Chalam
    Chalam

Acts 4:12 (New International Version)

12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

Acts 10:43 (New International Version)

43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."

Luke 24:47 (New International Version)

47 and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

1. Who's name is that then?

Answer here John 20:31

2. So why are Jehovah's Witnesses witnessing to the name of "Jehovah" when only Jesus brings salvation?

3. Surely, shouldn't Christians represent Christ?

Blessings,

Stephen

• nelly136
    nelly136

it might be an idea to get the steven hassan books on combatting mind control, if you go for doctrine straight off the bat she will probably go straight into defense mode.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Questions.

Questions.

Questions.

Questions.

Questions.

First question .......

When did Jerusalem fall?................

Then ...........

...........Prove your answer.

The WT claims that Jesus selected them in 1919 to be Jehovah's sole channel of communication.

Prove it.

If this is true, what should you do?

If this is false, what should you do?

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Chris

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I should add that ......

JWs are trained to teach and to not listen, so whatever you want to tell them must be posed as a question, not a statement.

Good luck

Chris

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Robert7,

I may ask what the basis is for the claim that the governing body is the channel of truth God is using. Of course the JWs will try to name the doctrinal issues of trinity/hellfire/immortality of the soul. I would try to get them back to 1919 and comapre to other groups of the time. Yet even today, there are other groups that believe similarly- Christadelphians, House of Yahweh, etc. I would keep presisng as to what made the WT so special that only they were chosen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit