Sunday School

by Quillsky 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Why don't JW's have Sunday School for kids? I don't want to give the cult any ideas, but it sure would help them to keep the families in, plus be more mainstream in the eyes of the public.

Oh my god, the indoctrination you could do on little minds in Sunday School, rather than the mind-numbing age-inappropriate stuff kids have to sit through in the Watchtower Study.

• yknot
    yknot

Sunday Schools weren't part of 1st century worship...... thus the WTS doesn't.

WTCD:

*** it-2 p. 876 School ***
    No separate arrangement for children, as with the modern-day “Sunday school,” was anywhere authorized or practiced by the Jews or by the Christian apostles.

*** w90 8/1 p. 3 Young People Who Serve God ***
    In most of the 60,000-and-more congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses throughout the earth, you will find many young people. They do not go to a weekly Sunday school or catechism class. Rather, these young people benefit from and even participate in congregation meetings. Little ones may offer simple comments. Preteens participate in the Theocratic Ministry School. Many teenagers spend school vacations helping neighbors to learn about God and his marvelous promises for the future.

• crazy2try
    crazy2try

This was actually a reason why I am trying to fade. I have two young children. They are bored senseless. They can only read the my book of bible stories or the great theacher book so many times. I spent the a total of 5 years, carrying babies, trying to keep them quiet, happy, and then try to get something out of the meeting myself. My hubby wasn't attending much anymore and I was on my own during the meetings. Plus at home, we were responsible for teaching them. What a waste of time at the meetings.

I work with children and have learned so much about their development and learning. Kids don't learn the way we forced them at the meetings. It is mind numbing mind control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit