Do you know me - Do you remember?

by pmljohn 4 Replies latest jw friends

• pmljohn
    pmljohn

Good morning all,

I would love to get into contact with anyone on this site that knew either myself or my family. We moved around alot over the years, living in multiple states and attending many congregations. I would love to re-connect with anyone from those places.

My dad was/is an elder and PO in a number of places - North Dakota - Nebraska - Kansas - Colorado - New York and Washington. His name is H. Lockwood and my name is John/Toby Lockwood. My sister and I have both moved on to better things, mainly free thinking. Our parents are still active and involved in the cult, but they are too old to change now. We have accepted that and to a point, they accept us.

I would love to hear from anyone that might have crossed paths with us. I cannot remember many names, but once I hear a story or two, I am sure it will come flooding back.

Take care and have a great day!!

John Lockwood

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

welcome to the site.... name doesnt ring a bell......maybe our paths crossed...the Borg is too small for it not to have been a possibility.

Snakes (Rich )

• asilentone
    asilentone

Do you know Jonathan Smith? He is now the circuit overseer.

• pmljohn
    pmljohn

The name, Jonathan Smith, does not ring a bell. However, my uncle was a Circuit Overseer for decades. Bob Schlegel. He too moved around the country, serving many districts and now he is retired. I used to visit them, and let me tell you this. CO's and DO's live like kings. And when my family lived in NY, we had numerous Bethelites out to our home, taking them fishing, waterskiing, out to dinner, etc. And at the end of a fun filled weekend, we sent them back to the city, with a pocketful of cash. My dad did this pretty much every weekend, for years. Now, my mom and dad are broke, needing assistance from my sister. They put nothing away because to this date, they still believe the end is right around the corner. So sad.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Well he is from South Dakota, I know that you only mentioned North Dakota, not South. He became a CO when he was 25. I think he is 44 or 45 now. Last time I heard that he is still never married, some sisters have the hots for him. My ex wife thought he was good looking, what a waste for him not to get married.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit