wtbts date of incorporation?

by Watkins 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Watkins
    Watkins

I've searched for over 2 hours now for a thread here I read within the past 2 weeks - that stated a date (in the 1920's I think) that the wtbts legally became incorporated - 501(c)3. My connection is v-e-r-y slow and I can't find it - can someone help? Please? Thanks!

• yknot
    yknot

Well WTBTS of Penn incorporated in 1884

People's Pulpit Association (NY) in 1909. In 1939 changed it's name WTBS, and in 1956 to WBTSofNY

Can you give me some more details about the thread you read.... most of my 'searches' yield stuff from more than a year ago.....

• Watkins
    Watkins

I know - some of the search links went back 7 years! That's all I can remember, darn it., shoulda bookmarked it. It surprised me that the wt, which for years did not promote itself as a 'religion'("religion is a snare and a racket") would avail itself to being overseen by the federal government in any way, shape or form - but then, it's the disingenuous wtbts we're talking about...

So, with each name change there came new incorporation treaties/dates? I'm really out of my league here... duh... and I never knew the org. had the name 'People's Pulpit Association'! I thought I knew everything - maybe that's one I forgot under the barrage of all the other garbage. I'n certain I've forgotten more than I remember, lol.

Thanks for trying to help, YKnot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit