In memorial - per m2u's request

by waiting 6 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Hey m2u,

I found your account of your friend. Per your request:

Here is the sad story

[ HOURGLASS2 OUTPOST ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by m2u [m2u] on August 05, 2000 at 11:17:54 {tCAtrGSuAAlzqwofbSj.dG.N2VD2jo}:

As some may know. I was raised in a very rough third world country, we were serving where "the need was great".

This was a country under military dictatorship. It was a country constantly under martial law, if you turned a porch light on after dark it could result in your being fired upon. A place where you heard the screams of those being tortured by the national guard or police when you walked by the basement level windows of their respective stations.

A place where my friend, A study, Donald Monroy was sitting on a bench in front of the local high school reading a anti-government tract put out by the jesuits was pulled down off the bench made to kneel, a pronouncement was made to the students..."This is what happens to anyone found with subversive materail" and was then beheaded on the spot, right next to me. His blood spattered on my white shirt, he was 15 years old.

So now you get an idea of the kind of Disneyland I lived in. There are 1 or 2 on this board who know of where I speak and I ask them not to identify the place as this could identify me and result in a complete cutting off of what little contact I have left with my family.

The brother I will tell you about was as pure as the driven snow. He was a full time pioneer, 100 hrs. per month and also worked full time as a servant of a high ranking member of the military junta at the officer's personal estate. He was very handsome and had a magnetic personality. Many were very jealous of his acceptance into the upper echelon of society due to his personal qualities. I will call him M.

M never missed a chance to preach the "good news".

His employer had a beautiful daughter who was interested in anything & evreything. He had been preaching to her carefully for quite some time, nothing seem'd to come of it so her father really paid no attention...until she began to recieve a personal bible study with a local sister that was arranged for her by M.

Now the father was unhappy, he being a staunch roman catholic and a national figure. He first warned his daughter of his displeasure after about 6 months went by and he saw she had begun to attend meetings. M and the girl sat together at the meetings and he and the sister conducting the study would walk her to and from the meetings.

The father began to get very upset and order'd his daughter to cease the study and meeting attendace "or else".

By now two things had started to happen. The girl sincerely wanted to dedicate her life to god via JW's. And she had also fallen in love with M, a member of the lowest class of their society.

This could not be permitted so the father had the sister conducting the study arrested and brought to the military barracks. There, he spelled it out for her in no uncertain terms. Continue and die. She went to M and told him that they would have to figure something out in order to continue to help the girl into the truth. M said that due to the fact that the father was not allowing the girl out of the house and that he was an inside employee...he would continue to conduct the personal study and if possible, hold clandestine meetings in the home for the girls spiritual edification, so he began to study with her and conduct watchtower studies whenever possible.

This was very difficult because the girl was almost never left alone, out of sight of bodyguards or domestic servants that had known her from her infancy, who were also devout roman catholics. She had a close friend and bodyguard, son of a low ranking officer who had been kind of an official playmate and went on to military service and was assigned to her as bodyguard and orderly. M (forgot to mention) had also grown up in the house as his mother had been the laundress and M was thus grandfathered in, if you will.

Well the bodyguard loved the girl as a sister and M as a brother so he let them carry on and kept their secret. But in a house like that there are NO secrets, the other servants knew something was going on and informed the father.

The father held a meeting with M, the girl and the bdyguard and pretty much spelled it out for them, that this would end very badly if it kept up(The officer was unusually patient with them, as one was his daughter, and the others had been second generation raised in his household and were kind of like favorite pets).

As you may have guessed the covert activities were not stopped, in fact the daughter and M both went to the father and said two things to him. 1. She desired to become a baptised JW and 2. She and M wished to be married. The father said that he was deeply hurt that they had not honored his wishes, he stated to M and the bodyguard that he felt that they had betrayed his trust, disrespected his home and dishonored the position he had granted them in a house of tremendous privilege and prestige.

The Daughter was soon sent overseas to study at university. The bodyguard begged for forgiveness and said that he would do anything in order to prove his love and loyalty to his commander.

M said that he too felt very badly for displeasing his benefactor but could not apologize for trying to carry out the instructions of his god. The father said that he understood that they were both very young, and never to betray him again. The bodyguard said he would never do so, M said that he would not either but that when it came to obedience to god or man he would obey god. The father commended the bodyguard and sent him on about his business, he told M that he had respected him in some ways but that in others he was an abject fool, then he sent him back to his duties. A few months went by and things got back to normal.

One weekend M said that he was going to the capitol to buy some new clothes for the upcoming national JW convention. He left on the bus.

No one outside of the home of the girls father ever saw M again.

The bus M was on was stopped by the national guard(storm troopers essentially) and all passengers were placed on trucks and told that they were going to be interviewed. They were all interviewed and released but somehow M was lost in the shuffle. Some of the other passengers recalled seeing M on the bus but in the confusion that followed none of them remember'd seeing M. M was officially released and then dissapear'd ...

Years later with no word from M. The bodyguard had been mortally wounded in a firefight between his unit(he had been recently promoted to lead a combat unit) and insurgents. As he lay dieing, he asked a close comrade to tell a priest the following and ask that the priest beseach the lord for forgiveness and entrance to purgatory then heaven, Also to get word out without endangering himself about what had happen'd to M.

M had been abducted and taken to the military leaders barracks. He was stripped naked and the military leader himself began to torture him in every way he could think of that did not break bones or cause lesion which could become infected. This was to happen 24/7 until M finally passed away. M was stripped naked and chained inside of an outdoor corral in the middle of the military leaders private barracks compound.

There M was provided a shovel and ordered to dig 2 large holes. Once M had finished the holes he was ordered to continue to re-fill and re-dig the holes on a non-stop continuous basis 24/7. shoveling the dirt in and out of the holes in the courtyard of the officer as an source of amusement to him and his cronies. M was left out there digging 24 hrs. per day and forced via torture to continue until collapse at which point he would be allowed to rest only long enough in order to continue the on-going shoveling, and when it rained he would have to shovel mud.

M was provided only enough water to sustain life, less when the weather was temperate and slightly more when it was hot. For food M was provided the following menu. Stray dogs were brought to the barracks and kept uncared for and unfed in a seperate corral.

At the proper time one of these festering dogs was released into M's corral where he remained chained.

If M desired to eat he had to catch the dog with his bare hands, kill it with his bare hands, and again with no weapon or tools besides his hands, he had to somehow skin and eviscerate the dog. Only when he had entirely consumed the entire dog did the renewed watch for the apropriate time to provide another mangy disease ridden dog for his consumption resume. Of course some dogs did not go quietly and inflicted injury upon M to the point of rabies from which he died a slow agonizing death in the end. If M did not catch the dog right away he had to wait to eat until he finally managed to catch it. M was kept alive as long as possible under these circumstances, receiving only the medical intervention that would suffice to prolong his agony for as long as possible.

Anytime M would give up, he would be mercilessly tortured, again only in ways that would not prevent him from continuing to dig.

It is said that the entire episode was recorded on film and through photographs with various participants in order to prevent them from talking.

The bodyguard had been in charge of the entire process from start to finish in the cruel murder of his lifelong friend.The bodyguard said that M prayed outloud often thanking god for the opportunity to serve him but not praying for death as this would bring on a terrible torture session. The bodyguard said that he actually tried to witness to his murderers even though this would bring them down on him right away.

M was my friend although he was older than me. He is not the only friend I have lost to evil men over my lifetime. When I would call my father from the USA and ask him how things were going...he would always answer"Well...you have a lot less friends now then you used to have".

This is the first time I have told M's story to outsiders. I have several more as I have said in the past. Maybe it's because I am feeling my mortality and I want to tell their stories so people will be aware of what is really going on out there.

Soon I will tell you of the fate of Hector, my special piuoneer partner who was also murdered right by my side while we were out in service in 1975.

Until then.

m2u

• Simon
    Simon

Hey I remember reading that on H2O
    Didn't realise it was yours m2u!
    It is a sad story

• waiting
    waiting

Hey m2u,

This was my original response to your account on H20:

I'm sorry you, and your family, and your friends have had such deep terror in your lives. There is no way, in my opinion, not to have scar, even active sores in the mind.

Mario Silva will be remembered, through the people who knew him - and now through your words.

I knew a Silva family, our CO in '76 in Indiana. Man & wife, no children. Perhaps they were related. They were really neat people. I liked her - a lot. Real earthy type woman, open and likeable.

Perhaps not all will agree on the reasons why Mario Silva took his stand - but people of other faiths usually don't understand another's. At least, upon his death, his suffering was over.

<b>So now you get an idea of the kind of Disneyland I lived in</b>

I, too, grew up in a form of Disneyland - my father's. The therapist I went to for some years said if I could make contact with Nazi concentration camp survivors, then I would have someone to identify with - to say "I know what you mean."

It's very lonely to not be able to identify with persons. To know things they can't, don't, want to imagine or know about.

I've found, when talking about my childhood, people tend to say: "If that's what really happened......." I used to be highly offended, as if they were calling me a liar. But I've done this to others myself. I think it's a "distancing technique" to keep oneself from touching the situation.

JanG mentioned writing a book. It's very impelling for the one writing. When I talk about my dad and his world, people say the same thing. But people really don't want to know about the real world. Too messy.

In our minds and memories, it gets full to the point of just wanting to talk.....to tell people there is another side to this world, a terrible world of realities nobody wants to know about.

Please know, I know what you're talking about. I'm sorry you had to know people who suffered so tremendously, for righteousness or for just being alive. Really makes little difference when the suffering takes place.

Hope to hear from you again. It's important that we all know what man is capable of doing to another man. Ain't life wonderful?

Thank you for sharing your world.

waiting

edited

• neyank
    neyank

It's a sad story. But it's all too common for things like this to be happening thruout the world.
    We,in the USA can't fathom living under those conditions. And yet even in this country unspeakable atrocities can and do occur.
    Sometimes people are no better than animals. The cruelty one can inflict upon another......... What can be said about it.
    Even if we have found that the WTS is not Gods chosen orginization,
    things like this show that we still need God.
    Only He can straiten out this mess that we as humans have made.

neyank

• OrangeVale Bob
    OrangeVale Bob

I agree, too, that this is far more common that we would like to believe.
    Many of these animals, no, that is denigrating to animals. Many of these mentally ill humans are trained by the US military special forces. Makes me damn proud to be a US citizen. Anything goes when you're trying to keep the world safe for commerce.

• mommy
    mommy

m2u,
    Isaid in other room but this topic was moved so I'll say again
    I am sorry and will listen if you need to talk!
    Or you can listen to me blabber and I'll make you forget.... for awhile:)
    Feel free to email me!
    mommy

• claudia
    claudia

M2u, I dont even have any words for this. Im sorry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit