What if I don't agree with Jesus?

by Eyebrow 5 Replies latest social relationships

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

Let's say that one believes Jesus was God's son, and that he was perfect, etc.

Well, what about this: what if you don't AGREE with Jesus, or God on many things.

I have never thought about that before. What is your take?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

G'day Eyebrow,

Jesus divinity and 'perfection' was a late addition to christian faith (a bloke could write a book) but that aside, if you don't agree with Jesus, God and all his Angels and angles, the same thing will happen to you as happens when a drunken Viking stands under a star filled sky and curses God, his mother and son with every vile blasphemy known to Christendom.

... nuth'n

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

interesting topic for the dating board...but anywho...Who says you have to agree with them. Who says the bible really is God's Word. Who really knows? If you do not believe in christ, then maybe you just aren't a christian but have a different spiritual path....

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

oopsy...didn't realize I posted it in the dating board! Thanks for pointing that out.

Could the Viking please share the beer?

• cellomould
    cellomould

Well, do you disagree because they are wrong (i.e. morality) or do you simply find their words incorrect (i.e. unscientific)?

Or both?

That's something to think about.

cellomould

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

• Satanus
    Satanus

Eyeb

For me to disagree w jesus, he would have to tell me something first. Has he told you anything lately?? Or are you just reading words that people have convinced you were spoken by him? I suppose jesus could send me a letter, phone me, send me an email, but since he's so powerful/smart/omnipresent, and since there are so many imposters, i would expect to hear from him personally. Is that too much to ask??

Thanks SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit