Where's Moshe when you need him?

by dissed 5 Replies latest jw friends

• dissed
    dissed

As predicted, two JW's came to the door today to invite us to the Memorial.

Fortunately for them, I was in the middle of painting, was a mess, was not about to stop and get cleaned up to talk to those guys.

My wife did the honor for me, and said she wasn't interested. What's interesting, she offered, was they were two young guys she didn't recognize. Yet, they were here specifically to say 'We'd love to have you come'. They knew we were inactive and not attending.

Either they are appointing Elders awfully young, or the Elders passed off our call to some flunkies.

So how would you respond to a Memorial Invite? My wife said, 'no thank you' and when they offered her the invite (one of there prescious allotted 50) she said 'not to bother'. Must have crushed their ego's not being able to give away a free invite and tract.

I wonder what Moshe would have said, he seems to relish these encounters. Anyone have some great answers for our guests?

PS. I asked her if they noticed our Xmas decorations, still up? (Been way to cold to take them down, lol) She laughed and never thought of that, but definately was not worried.

• moshe
    moshe

What would I say to them?

I would decline as I am Jewish and would be going to a Passover seder on that night. I would ask them why the Bible says the Jews arrested Jesus on the night of Passover anyway (one of the two most important Jewish holidays) . That would be like expecting the Pope to hold an excommunication trial on Christmas eve and that would never happen. Imagine, the high priest organizes an arrest and secret, illegal trial of Jesus on a prominent Jewish holiday, when he could just as easily do it on any common day of the week in daylight. It;s not like Jesus was in hiding. Even today Orthodox seders are known to last far into the night- and some have discussed the meanings of the Torah until the sun rose the following morning. Business almost totally shuts down in Israel today for Passover and wouldn't we expect the same to happen when the Temple and priests were still functioning?

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/james_still/jesus_trial.html

• dissed
    dissed

Moshe, that's new to me. Have not considered that thought before.

• moshe
    moshe

Now, the Romans would have been very likely to arrest Jesus on that day just as the Arabs picked Yom Kippur to launch a war against Israel. There is one artifact that I believe does explain who arrested and killed Jesus- the sign on his cross- "---King of the Jews".

• dissed
    dissed

More to add:

My wife refused the tract respectfully. But later we found a copy placed under the 'Welcome Mat' Those buggers, they sneaked one in after it was refused.

What ever happened to the 'do not feed your pearls to swine rule'? And no, I'm not reffering to my wife. Just they are not to waste literature. WT Sacred rule #3321

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

My wife refused the tract respectfully.

But later we found a copy placed under the 'Welcome Mat'

Those buggers, they sneaked one in after it was refused.

LOL!!..

Jehovah`s Witness`s never miss an opportunity..

To behave like Idiots..

...................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit