Has There Ever Been a WTS President That Had a Normal Family Life?

by Think About It 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It

When I was an elder still in I had a normal Christian family. Has any President of the WTS ever had what would be considered a normal Christian family life? I know the dysfunctional family background's of Russell & Rutherford, but know less about Norr & Franz families. I don't know anything about whoever succeeded Franz. It just strikes me funny that if this was God's true organization having his holy spirit directing these men to lead his organization on earth that there would be less scandel and dysfunction in their lives.

It sounds like both Russell & Rutherford's family hated them. Now I'm no saint, but I'm no WTS President either.

Think About It

• flipper
    flipper

Think About It- You mean did they have sex and stuff ? LOL ! I thought those that are going to fly around like angels ( allegedly ) don't HAVE such prurient thoughts ! LOL ! I think all the leaders in the WT cult are abby normal, sorry

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Never mind the presidents, I question whether it's possible for anyone to have a normal family life (if there is such a thing) while a JW.

I recall second guessing so many of "my" decisions because of what the elders, congregation, or Jehovah might think. How many Saturday picnics did I miss because field circus was more important? How many times did I miss curling up on the couch with my wife because she was too busy studying her watchtower, book study, TMS and service meeting? (no wonder we never had kids). How many "worldly" holidays did we miss out on, even the ones that had nothing to do with so called "false religious origins"?

I think having a normal family life is hard enough without adding the JW baggage to it.

I think all the leaders in the WT cult are abby normal

Flipper, have you been watching Young Frankenstein again?

W

• flipper
    flipper

FINALLY FREE- Yep, buddy ! It's one of my all-time favorite comedy's ! LOL ! Would fit nicely into my top 10 or top 5 comedy list . Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Gayle
    Gayle

I guess "normal" is not clearly defined now-a-days, but even still, normal family life was not an attribute of WT presidents, not active fathers in any way, CLUELESS. Yet, they had so many rules regarding for children. No birthdays, no holidays, no sports for children, no extracurriculars, hours of meaningless dogma for children, additionally making them act hours in door to door like a 30 yr old adult etc.

Now, present day WTS President, not a parent, not even of the "partaker" class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit