Please Comment on this Textual Exchange with a Jehovah's Witness

by maputo95 9 Replies latest jw friends

• maputo95
    maputo95

I welcome any comments on the most recent dialogue I had with an ex-JW who wants to be readmitted after 44 years of disfellowship. Talk about returning to one's own... Somebody stop me: There seems to be a lack of affinity and reality in our recent textual exchange on the subject, originated by you that Armaggeddon is imminent or highly likely to happen very soon because signs cited in the Gospel of Matthew are increasing alarmingly. Derek, thank you for your concern for me and what you think is your attempt to save me by getting me to become one of JWs who will be spared. However, Derek you seem to take NO notice of my replies to you and progress on what seems to be JW standard means of dialogue. I quote to demonstrate this: Derek: Great earthquakes are now occuring daily!! Matt 24. Ken: The planet has always had earthquakes due to its seismic nature. Derek: Read what Jesus said about ALL the signs, just before the end. ONE of the signs was 'great earthquakes' in one place after the other, wars, famine and the good news would be preached to all the nations inthe entire inhabited earth, then the end will come. Wake up boet!! Ken: Derek, I and my Church agree that the end may come anytime, today even and we take measures to to meet our Lord Jesus should this happen. You are preaching to the converted.We and God love you Jehovah's Witnesses for trying to please God. Derek: The wicked and immoral will be destroyed. As in Noah's day, most took no notice and were swept away. The Witnesses have been preaching about Armaggeddon and God's new system on earth for 85 years and most don't want to know and hate them for their voluntary act of love they are doing to tell others."They will hate you on account of my name" Math 24, Luke 22...Most of the world hate the Witnesses and don't know why Ken: Neither you nor the Watchtower are Noah! Making that comparison does not prove you are Noah nor that you are God's only visible organization on earth. In the past, ie 1975, your predictions of The End have failed spectacularly. Please don't go into convoluted logic to disprove this. Many Witnesses in the early 70s sold their homes and gave up their jobs because they believed they had only days to give service to save themselves and others. THE WT HAVE BEEN PREACHING FOR 85 YEARS- GOOD, MAYBE, ONE DAY, YOU'LL CATCH UP TO THE 2000 YEARS OF PREACHING MY CHURCH HAS DONE. As for others hating you. This is an attempt to prove you are the 'annoited ones' as being generally hated is a biblical mark of the 'faithful remnant'. You are not unique, many other Christians are hated around the world for their profession of the Gospel. Be assured, neither I nor my church hate the JWs; we love you and your co-religionists because you seek to please God. Derek: We have "The Truth" not doctrines and lies taught by the Churches... Ken: Thanks for capitalising "the Churches"; any particular reason? This is a very arrogant and generalised statement. You seem to use the term "doctrine" in a derogatory way to give a perjorative vibe. You do not expand on what "lies" you are talking about. I know you do this because you think all religious groups except the JWs are controlled by Satan. This brings us to where we differ in our rule in 'faith and morals'. Personally, I believe in Holy Scripture and the Magisterium of the Church as the authority on faith and moral and in the office of the Church to interpret and clarify the Bible which is full of contradictions, absurdities, cruelty etc, particularly in the Old Testament which, incidentally can't be named The Hebrew Scriptures because some of it was written in Greek. Hey, I guess the WT publishes the Watchtower for the same reasons. Derek: God wrote the Scriptures and they are free of error!!!!! Ken: Please explain what seems to be a false statement here: "Verily, I tell you the truth; some of you standing here will not taste death before they see the son of man coming in his kingdom." Matt 16:28. This obviously hasn't come true. Please explain if the Bible is inerrant. Derek: Jesus often spoke in figurative terms. Ken: Indeed in parables, but please show me the figurative words in Matt 16:18. Derek: I'll research this and get back to you on this. Ken: Take your time, dude. As I'm sure you will! Please explain:

21:16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends ; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.

21:17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.

21:18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.

Some Christians will be killed yet no Christian will be harmed in anyway. These lines contradict.

Derek: You explain it.

Ken: It's probably an error of translation or the writer had a senoir moment.

Derek: The Bible was written by God. You are blaspheming and saying the fucken RC church is greater than God???

Ken: Temper, temper. You are putting words in my mouth. How does my belief the Bible has errors make me blaspheme? Where did the Bible come from?

Derek: Written by man. But inspired by God!! bible 100% accurate.

Ken: God's words ARE channelled through human words. Human limtations, human prejudices and human mistakes are evident in the scriptural texts However, the main message for human salvation is CLEAR! TOO LITERAL A READING CAN LEAD TO FUNDAMENTALISM AS WELL. I TRUST MY CHURCH TO HELP ME INTERPRET HOLY WRIT IN THE BEST WAY. You seem to worship the words on the Bible, none of which was written by Jesus anyway.

Derek: I see we are going around in circles again. Nite, bro.

Ken: Nite. May God bless you and all Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Maputo95, I recommend: "Captives of a Concept" Anatomy of an Illusion. Understanding the illusionary concept that holds Jehovah's Witnesess captive, by, Don Cameron. Go to the members section and pull up his name for further information.

Blueblades

• Quandry
    Quandry

We have "The Truth" not doctrines and lies taught by the Churches...

Please take the time to go to JWfacts.com and check out some WT quotes on 1975 and generation, and other subjects. You will find plenty of "lies" and "doctrines" there. You can cut and paste quotes from their own literature. I did, and presented pages of quotes on different subjects to a ladies church group recently. When you get many quotes from the WT together on one page dealing with one subject and the differences they have taught over the years, it is eye-opening.

• man in black
    man in black

pposted for further reading

thanks for the info.

• nelly136
    nelly136

if he believes so strongly he would have already gone back, 44 years a is a long time to gamble if you think the end could come any moment.

sounds like he needs to go back yesterday.

youre doing this by phone text?

• Heaven
    Heaven

We have "The Truth"

... and yet Armageddon STILL hasn't arrived... soon. How is THAT truth?

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

the reality is that the wts does not own the rights on interpreting last days thology-many religions do.why doesnt he give his life to christ at the local church instead/personaly i believe the last days were 66-70 ad.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I welcome any comments on the most recent dialogue I had with an ex-JW
    who wants to be readmitted after 44 years of disfellowship.
    Derek, thank you for your concern for me and what you think
    is your attempt to save me by getting me to become one of JWs who will be spared.

Someone who has`nt been a JW for 44 years..

Wants YOU to become a Jehovah`s Witness?..

??????????????????????????????????.

LOL!!..

Translation: "Take my Advise..I`m not using it!"..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• maputo95
    maputo95

Thanks for all the contributions. Jehovahsheep, please could you explain on your view that you believe that the last days were 66-77 AD. Quandary and Malecop, I will carrry out your useful suggestions. Nelly 136, yes I did sms this exchange by phone text. I hope I haven't got carpel tunnel damage. Lol to Outlaw and Heaven. Great share. Thank you to any one I've left out.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

He's already made his decision in his head. To him, the JWs have the truth and nothing else will suffice. If he's going to become a member of a religion that he knows deep down inside discourages free thought and individuality, then he clearly has some unresolved issue in his mind. Either that, or he's woefully ignorant and really hasn't gotten out of his little JW bubble. You don't convince people like that with reason. If they were apt to reason, they wouldn't be fooled by JWs' mainly emotional pleas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit