Jesus gave his life for so many.

by worldtraveller 5 Replies latest jw friends

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Got a little orange flyer today in the mail aparrently asking me if I wish to go to a memorial.

My first question is: Is that title statement accurate? Quote "for so many". I thought he gave his life for Everyone. At least that is what a real bible says. John,3:16 I believe.

Also it has a date of March 30. I checked the calendar and it is Passover that day. A Jewish celebration I believe.

My calendar does not have the moon phases on it, but isn't that a full moon? Like as in everyone acts really nutty? Why would someone want to commemorate his death but not his birth or life? I was lead to believe that they did not celebrate, because the date was not accurate. So, how then could they be sure of the accuracy of his time of death?

I think I will decline. Too bad as I enjoy gatherings, but zombie gatherings? No thanks.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I thought he gave his life for Everyone.

Only the Elect.

Billions are double predestined to spend eternity in Hell. Jesus didn't die for them.

• The Finger
    The Finger

Jesus sacrifice was the blood of the new covenant. Open to all, but not everyone takes the opportunity.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

orange? seriously?

• Titus
    Titus

Matthew 20:28 Just as the Son of man came, not to be ministered to, but to minister and to give his soul a ransom in exchange for many.”

You don't need to be worried about that.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Here's a few more

Isaiah 53:11-12 (New International Version)

11 After the suffering of his soul,
    he will see the light of life and be satisfied;
    by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many,
    and he will bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,
    and he will divide the spoils with the strong,
    because he poured out his life unto death,
    and was numbered with the transgressors.
    For he bore the sin of many,
    and made intercession for the transgressors.

Hebrews 2:10 (New International Version)

10 In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering.

Romans 5:15 (New International Version)

15 But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God's grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many!

Hebrews 9:28 (New International Version)

28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

The thing is that not every is "waiting for Him", "believes on Him", or "loves the Son", even those who claim to love the Father.

Personally, I believe Christ's sacrifice was for all (Hebrews 7:27, Romans 6:10, 1 Peter 3:18 , Hebrews 10). It is just not everyone decides the sacrifice it is for them.

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit