VIDEO: United Breaks Guitars

by SnakesInTheTower 6 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

There is a video that went viral and hit #7 on Time Magazine's Top Viral Videos of 2009. As of this post, it had hit 8.1 million plus views since it was posted July 6, 2009.

It is a country music style song parody of United Airlines treatment of his expensive Taylor Guitar. He has since done the other 2 videos in the trilogy. I don't usually like country music, but I liked ths.

This little incident cost United $180 MILLION DOLLARS in the value of its stock in 4 DAYS.... http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/chris_ayres/article6722407.ece I have not checked the veracity of that particular claim, but if true...damn.

United Breaks Guitars (Posted 7/6/2009 -- 8.1 millions views as of 3/18/2010)

United Breaks Guitars - Part 2 (Video posted 8/17/2009 -- 943,000 plus views as of today)

United Breaks Guitars - Part 3 (Video posted 3/1/2010 -- 67,806 views in just 18 days.)

Good for a laugh today.

Snakes (Rich )

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

GOOD FOR HIM !!! I hope it is true that his videos has cost United a little something .......

Flying United out of Chicago brings back bad memories for me .......we flew in from vacation in San Diego on United and they stranded us in Chicago ! When we landed we found our next flight (to home) had been canceled and NO ONE from United was any help at all . No one at the desk to answer questions or tell us what to do next (we had never flown before ) We were on our own and when we finally figured out how to obtain a stand-by ticket ,the woman at the counter said 'Good Luck with that' you probably won't get out today (it was early ,early morning !) After much horrible service and running around the airport trying to find our best options we found a business man that suggested we share a rental car and drive the rest of the way home.

It is horrible how airlines can offer such BAD service and get away with it because they can . We had purchased our tickets months in advance and at the drop of a hat they can just leave you stranded ...... Once we got home we found the local airport desk would not refund our ticket and just gave us an 1-800 number to call, thankfully that did put us in contact with someone that could refund us ,but what a nightmare .

We found out later other airlines went out of their way to appease their passengers when fights were cancelled ,giving free tickets and actually apologizing for the inconvinence ......IMAGINE that

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

TM ...I hate flying for that very reason...

...one of my really bad experiences was flying to India in 2006.... one of my suitcases arrived 3 days after my arrival. Good thing, 'cause my then fiancee broke it off and I was on a different airline 3 days later...with all my luggage.

I got stuck at Ohare once in 2007 coming back from Cayman Islands. Flight was Cayman to Miami...transfer to another plane to Chicago...changes planes again to get to St. Louis. I got held up in Miami because of wind in Chicago.... so Miami was told to wait there.....I asked if I could take a different (and direct) flight to St. Louis...told no....even though there was room on the plane.....and the worst part....

...the plane to Chicago was the very same damn plane I had just gotten off of from Miami and was going on to St. Louis!

I ended up in Chicago too late for my connecting St. Louis flight...so I had to sleep in the terminal... not beyond the security gates where there were lots of seats and carpeting...no...out by the ticket counters ...hardly any seats...and hard floors... not enough time to get a hotel at their expense.... that was a long day...

did I mention I hate flying?

Snakes (Rich )

• SnakesInTheTower
  • zoiks
    zoiks

Argh! I can't even watch them pretend to throw guitars around. I do have a Taylor, and it is a beautiful instrument. Shame on those guys!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Those werent Taylors in the video were they? I dont know much about them but friends tell me they are very nice ...

bump

Snakes (Rich )

• zoiks
    zoiks

I'm sure they weren't really breaking nice guitars in the video. But he was singing about his Taylor getting broke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit