More "sex texting" on Facebook...Circuit Assembly

by dudeson 20 Replies latest jw friends

• dudeson
    dudeson

So my congregation just had their Circuit Assembly on 3/14. Recalling the thread about "Facebook Sex", I told a non-witness friend at work that after this assembly is over he would notice one of our mutual friends would either lower his time on FB or delete it altogether. Sure enough, come Sunday night, his profile was gone. I asked him about it and he said, "The dang thing was making me possessed."

Fast forward to now. I just asked a DF'd friend of mine if they mentioned Facebook at the assembly. He said they did along with MySpace and Twitter. "Sex texing" was also mentioned from the stage in association with Facebook.

Without asking, he went on to tell me that they said "don't let your family eat up all your time because you won't have time for the meetings."

Anything quoted above was his words and not directly from any speaker.

I find it sad and frustrating that my once close friends are starting to get serious about this religion.

• man in black
    man in black

Damn frustrating when your friends start taking it seriously isn't it ?

But look on the bright side,

after several years, and countless headaches they will probably be out of the religion for one reason or another.

• dissed
    dissed

Are they afraid or what?!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My JW nephew sent me the I can't be your friend on facebook because to be your friend is to eat at the table of demons message a few weeks ago.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Jehovahs Witnesses just have no self-control, do they?

• blondie
    blondie

It has been discussed on JWN that if a jw is on the phone talking to someone about sex and masturbating that they could be df'd....I wonder if people are texting sex talk and masturbating it applies too?

• dudeson
    dudeson

I guess they were also drivng the point home about not getting married and that it is better to stay single. Apparently being single you have more time to be spiritual.

It makes me wonder that among all this nonsensical babble is there any talks on the amazingness of God and his son Jesus (if that's your kind of bag).

When I look back on my view of Circuit Assemblies this actually seems about par. I always looked ahead to wonder what would be banned this time.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I recently had a JW from the past message me on facebook for my JW brothers information ,so i added him as a friend . In one message sent he said He didn't care about the circumstances and didn't want to hear about them he just wanted to get in contact with my brother again "Friends are Forever " were his words .....I don't know if he meant my circumstances or my brothers ?? But after I sent the information he never replied again and then he deleted me as a 'friend' ......i guess forever is a very short time ..?

• ziddina
    ziddina

"I guess they were also drivng the point home about not getting married and that it is better to stay single. Apparently being single you have more time to be spiritual...."

That's weird... Flashback to pre-1975... That's exactly the behavior - almost exactly the same words - they were urging on young JWs in those years... Same drek, different decade...

T'would appear that the WTBTS has either lost sight of the fact that most of their "growth" in developed countries is coming from "born-ins", or they are planning another HUGE literature-selling campaign...

Being single apparently makes one take out their sexual frustrations by pioneering!!! Single people place more magazines!!??

Zid

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster
    I wonder if people are texting sex talk and masturbating it applies too?

I'll do some research on that and get back to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit