Why I still have faith in God

by Weeping 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Weeping
    Weeping

I went through a depression several years ago. After it had been several months and my husband was working long hours to keep our house we were so heavily in debt. And he had gone and left me all alone. And there I was dying in that house, I hadn't cried, I hadnt laughed and I went to the kingdom hall and heard this little man with a squeaky voice singing. And I saw his thankfulness. He saw the greatest gift we could ever receive. And I listened to that little voice and all of a sudden I felt that river that flows from the inside and I began to cry and cry and cry, because of that song. I was able to get my tears back again.

The tears came but yet I had not received my joy back. I could cry, but the laughter hadn't come. I used to always find something funny. I needed a miracle to recieve my joy. One night we went to bed and in the middle of night all of a sudden I was carried away in a dream and I was walking along a sea. And it was so beautiful. And I thought, where am i?And as I walked in this beutiful area, I heard someone talking. I turned and saw behind a tree and it was someone I recognised. And he was wearing a robe and talking with several men. One of these men was Jesus. And he began to laugh with an unbelievable joy. he learned clear back and began to laugh and laugh and laugh. And I began to laugh and I was laughing with the disciples and I woke straight up in the bed laughing and laughing. My husband said Honey you are laughing again and tears welled in his eyes.

And I know that that was my cure and I accepted it. Even today, when I feel sad, I'll remember that dream and laugh and thank God for his grace on us all.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Glad to hear you've come out the other side of your depression.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

om

• tec
    tec

That's a beautiful experience. Thank you.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit