I really like Christmas, Tim Minchin

by Violia 8 Replies latest social entertainment

• Violia
    Violia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCNvZqpa-7Q

Hope you enjoy this. Tim Minchin is just wonderful. This is what you can say to everyone who tells you that Christmas is pagan and all that.

• Open mind
    Open mind

"Storm" is my personal fave by Mr. Minchin.

om

• Violia
    Violia

yes storm is hoot. I have just listened to as many of his poems, songs etc as I can. I just purchased for download the mp3 that has the song about christmas. I tried to purchase a cd but amazon says they don't work on american equipment. Hope that changes.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Christmas 2014, so glad I found this!

Marina

• Violia
    Violia

who brought this back up? It was not me? I am glad b/c Tim Minchin is amazing and his song is perfect. It is also on the Christmas songs thread. I hope one day to see him in person. He is one multi-taltented person.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

It was me, Violia. I was searching for posts about liking Christmas just for the fun, and not the religious aspects. Somehow I found this, and loved it because we all enjoy Tim Minchin. But never saw this performance before. Thank you again for this, and Merry Christmas!

Marina

• Heaven
    Heaven

Thank you. I enjoyed this.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks Violia, I really like Tim Minchin, he is a very talented, and deep thinking performer.

I like particularly about this song that it explains to people like Heisenberg on another Thread, that we Damn 'Poztates have not exchanged one set of beliefs for another, we have not embraced a Pagan, or "false" Christian festival, we simply bloody well like the love and warmth we feel in being with family and dear friends etc etc at this time, so.....We Really Like Christmas !

And what could be wrong with that ?

• Violia
    Violia

I could bather on and on about Tim Minchin. He is so great. See if you like this christmas song by Duke Special .I put it on the Christmas thread but I'll put it here too. He reminds me of Tim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFHREA4GDzw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit