my friend is being hounded by the elders for coming out of the closet!

by hoser 5 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

His conscience moved him to partake at the memorial last year and now the elders are harassing him. He's for real a real believer that he's annointed and has the calling. they are calling him crazy and removed all his "privileges" with the congregation.

• yesidid
    yesidid

How old is he?

y

• blondie
    blondie

If he truly believes he is anointed, he will need to stick to his convictions and wait this out. Eventually, they will back off.

• hoser
    hoser

Mid 50's is how old he is. He's not an elder or MS that's part of the problem that the elders have. Why would Jah coose YOU? you lowly one with no position in the congregation?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Are you sure he's not guilty of some secret sins that the elders know about? My ex was a real sick ticket, and he believed that he was annointed.

• chicken little
    chicken little

Women and children were anointed in the first century and they had no "ms, elder status". Still this is no surprise, remember as a teenager in 1975 in our congregation a young guy in his twenties claimed to be of the anointed. He was disfellowshipped for causing divisions because he stated his case so stridently. I remember being shocked when I met a co here, he was a former drug addict and became a witness and claims to be anointed. I had to laugh because he would have been disfellowshipped if it had been back home in my old cong. Here he has hero status, everyone quotes him, but he is such a big head!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit