Judical Committee- FUBAR decisions

by Think About It 63 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    In the lucky congregations where wickedness and corruption are not rampant, you can be sure that at the very least there is pettiness, vindictiveness, politicking, backstabbing, nepotism, brownnosing, viciousness.....
    ...and that's just in the elder's meetings!

I never made elder, but as an MS I really started seeing a different world of the elders that most publishers didn't see. I was being "groomed" to be an elder and some were already confiding in me things that probably shouldn't have been. The more I saw, the more I was made privy to, the more I realized that I didn't want to be an elder. Well...part of me did, because that was supposed to be the natural progression of a JW male, but something deep inside knew better.

All the things mentioned above I saw on a first hand basis just from my "privilged" position of MS and FE (future elder).

• flipper
    flipper

TRUTHSEEKERIAM- I am truly sorry your daughter had to experience perverted men in positions of authority overstepping their boundaries in seeking personal information which was none of their business. I hope your daughter is doing better now that she's away from those particular abusive elders.

Since others shared some of their FUBAR decisions - figured I'd share a couple of my own injustices suffered at the hand of elders. Without going into too much detail ( as many have heard these experiences before ) - In late 2003 my non-witness wife left me due to her drug abuse. Methamphetamine addiction. After a couple months she wanted to get back, I said " No " as she was violent and had an extreme temper ( called the cops once on her ) . The brilliant elders told me I should get back together with her if she wanted to - even in spite of putting my then JW teenage daughters in danger . I said I would not endanger my daughters. The P.O. then told me, " Well- if your wife feels uncomfortable having your daughters visit you , then go visit them in a neutral location like a park so as not to make your non-witness wife uncomfortable ! " I looked at this elder and said, " I totally disagree with your counsel. No thanks. I'm going to protect my daughters. "

Then , because the elders saw me having coffee in a public Starbucks with a female ( I was separated from that wife for 3 months ) they invited me to a meeting with them before a Tuesday night meeting. I had no idea WHAT the meeting was - just that they wanted to meet with me. I naively thought, " Oh, how nice ! These kind elders know my wife just left me and they are going to encourage me ! " Not. They had their agenda from the get-go , and it was to prove that I had committed immorality in a Starbucks ! They asked me all kinds of personal questions like if I had touched the lady friends breasts or private parts ! And, had she touched me as well ! I said, " Of course not ! She's just a friend. " For all they know she could have worked for me ! They stated ," You know you are just separated and not scripturally free to date Br. Flipper " ? I said, " I'm not dating. I just had a cup of coffee with a friend. " Then a younger elder really pissed me off . He said, " Br. Flipper you mentioned that you and your non-witness wife went to several marriage counseling sessions. It makes us wonder HOW COMMITTED you were to your marriage if you are dating 3 months after she left you ! " I said, " Look, I take offense to that ! You ask my JW PARENTS, MY CHILDREN, ANYBODY how hard I worked to make the marriage succeed and they will back me up. I disdain you blaming me for a drug addicts conduct. And imputing wrong motives to me ! " With that - I walked out of the kingdom hall taking my books and never went back. That was over 6 years ago. My breaking point.

So any who think these are solitary experiences- think again. This has happened THOUSANDS of times due to cult mind control tactics by the WT society training elders these ways

• flipper
    flipper

UNDERCOVER- I totally agree and understand what you're saying. I too was an MS for over 6 years in the 1980's and having come from " elder stock " material ( my elder dad and older elder brother ) I too was being groomed to be an elder by 30 years of age. But I saw the hypocrisy and pettiness at elders / MS meetings and the politics involved in people getting appointments. I did not want ANYTHING to do with that. I stepped down as a MS and devoted more time to my 3 young children at the time. I truly feel I started seeing through the veneer and scam of the organization even back then in the late 1980's. Didn't want to contribute to it by being an elder

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thank you flipper it has been a very exhausting week. I am so tired right now that I do not really want to respond expect to say that something is very wrong with all of this.

If the elders are not trying to drive me crazy then why are they lying, why not just keep the child molesters away from the children? It truly is that simple. Why am I the one being counseled over not listening to a man who raped babies give his talk in the school. I was told that I really upset the pedophile and I should not do that. If that is not trying to drive me crazy than why was I threated with being df'ed? Why was I accused of causing divisions because I told a mom that a man who is on the internet as a level two sex offender and who is also a brother that all the elders love in fact one elder calls this child rapist a gentle giant in one of his public talks. This gentle giant raped a eight year old child from what the internet and COP shop says. If that is not trying to drive a person who herself was rapped as a child crazy than what are the elders doing.

There is way more than what I have written and I am just too tired to say anymore.

Just thank you so much Flipper and Palmtree and wildflower.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit