Judical Committee- FUBAR decisions

by Think About It 63 Replies latest jw friends

• under the radar
    under the radar

Hey Wildflower! In WWII, FUBAR mean "Fouled Up Beyond All Recognition." SNAFU was more a Navy term that meant "Situation Normal - All Fouled Up."

Some insist on substituting another "F" word for "Fouled" but either way, you get the point.

• awildflower
    awildflower

This is very interesting, Under. What kind of situation called for that term? Something in the chain of command or something else?

Hope you don't mind Think about changing the subject for a minute.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Wildflower: most of the military guys I talk to will tell you that SNAFU and FUBAR are the military's (actually any governmental units) normal operating state.

Actually (and sort of back to topic) I think BOHICA is a better descriptor for most JC's. BOHICA = bend over here it comes again.

It is very sad that the first instinct of every one involved in these things is to protect the organization, not the people.

• Think About It
    Think About It

This happened awhile back, but the way it went down reminded me of Harrison Ford when he played Jack Ryan in "Clear and Present Danger". I was the squeaky clean boy scout elder that seen wrong doing and I was going to expose it and get it straightened out. Then the political cover up emerged and I tried to expose that. The outcome was so shocking to me that I knew God's Spirit could not be directing such a group that would allow such a travesty of justice. The reprimand I was given was with the threat to not talk about this with anyone! I could have probably advanced more in this org., but I couldn't play these political games nor be apart of it.

Think About It

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

not your typical congregation.i dont believe your story.fubar or no fubar

• awildflower
    awildflower

Now why on earth would this person make something like this up. Your joking right jehovahsheep?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I believe it.

I was stalked and harrassed by group of sisters for over 10 years. The police took it seriously, but the elders did not - until I had enough evidence that the police could charge one of them (but not the ringleader, damnit) It was the wife of an elder that got charged, but congregationally, she was "privately" reproved and her elder husband was removed for less than a year (I'm sure with the promise that he would be back if I just shut up about it all)

If anyone cares to look up any info about the effect stalking has on a person - that's everything I went through. The police gave me lots of info and support. This group of sisters did 5 out of 6 things that stalkers usually do to their victims. They stopped just short of #6 - "killing the family pet."

The elders viewed it as a "personality conflict".

One day, I'm going to figure out how to scan the copies of all the nasty letters they sent me over the years and post them here......how they wished I died a slow and painful death, was not welcome in any congregation and the suggestion that I do what the Bible said and tie a millstone around my neck and hurl myself into the sea.

Yeah, I felt the love.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Those letters would make an interesting thread PalmTree. Sorry that happened to you btw.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

i will reprase it-probably in my 16 years and 8 years as a ms i have never seen anything close to this corruption.90% of the elders i knew discharged their duties conscienciously.its just hard for me to imagine such wickedness.i am not calling you a liar-it just seems many are so quick to believe anything bad.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    i am not calling you a liar

No, just that his story was BS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit